Chapter 45

Author's Pov

One month holiday is over. Rhagav and Divya are back to Lucknow, back to normal life again. Days were passing very normally. They go off to their work, work together behave professional, return back and sleep. Though they stay in one room, they don't share the same bed. It's alternative between them. One day Rhagav's turn the next day Divya's turn.

Things were very normal, but confusing for both of them Rhagav is still not accepting his feelings and that's making Divya confused about Rhagav's hot and cold behavior.

Since they decided not to announce their marriage so many of the new staff in the station doesn't know about their marriage. A new inspector had joined a month back, he's creepy, silent and behaves very weirdly, according to everyone, he's very mysterious. But Divya says 'he's is different lets not judge,as long as he hasn't done any harm to anyone.'
Since last few days Divya was feeling as if someone was following her, and looking at her. But she couldn't figured out who would it be.
One day Rhagav along with another officer had went out for a meeting, it's 11:50 pm, and almost all the staff has went back home, the night shift staff hasn't arrived yet. It was pouring heavily outside, Divya was finishing some paper work sitting in her cabin. As she looked out the lighting striked, and her phone rang "Mumma", it said

"Hello" "Divya, Anu(Mrs Chaudhury) and I are on conference, baccha Anu was saying you haven't reached home

"Hello"
"Divya, Anu(Mrs Chaudhury) and I are on conference, baccha Anu was saying you haven't reached home." Mrs Manhotra asked
"Hi mom hi mumma, yeah I have some important work so I gonna be late, is Rhagav home?"
"No baccha, you dad and I are only home, I was worried about you two then I thought might be stuck in some work and rainning so heavily also, that why to distract me I called Nei, sorry beta if I disturbed you" Mrs Chaudhury said.
"No mom, it's ok I'm almost done, and yeah I was waiting for the rain to reduce a then thought to call the driver, but it does seems to in the mood to stop or even reduce."
"Yeah...beta just be safe and keep us informed!" Mrs Manhotra said
"Yepp. Did you get a call from Rhagav"
"He's ok beta. On his way to home should I tell him or Beta should I send a driver?" Mr Chaudhury's voice came from a little far.
"No dad its ok I will manage. I'll call you if I need one. Let me call mine"
"Okay" Both Mr and Mrs Chaudhury responded, Divya and Mrs Manhotra chuckled a little.
"Beta call us if you need anything! " Mrs Manhotra said
"Yes mumma!! Now bye guys"
Bidding a goodbye she looked out, "let's finish up quickly and then I'll leave."

By 12:30 am her work was done. The rain was still pouring, but the intensity has reduced. Divya called her driver but he wasn't picking up. So she booked a cab. But she need go to the main road. And she wasn't carrying an umbrella either "I need to reach home now, it's ok even if I'll be drenched but it will hardly take 20 minutes to reach home, it's ok lets go"
So she went out in locking her cabin, and saw some pf the night shift staff has arrived. Bidding them bye, she wore a cap and went out in the rain. She tried to save herself from getting drenched by walking through shades but still she was very much drenched. She was standing under a small shade of a closed-shop when she noticed suddenly the rain has stopped pouring above her head. She turned to her right and saw the same inspector wearing a raincoatm mask and cap, holding  a umbrella 🌂 to her head was standing beside her. "Nikhil, you? Here, at this hour?  What are you doing here?"Divya said in a shocked voice.
"Ma-Ma'am actually I-I stay here and in the next street from here and from my window I saw you running here.....so-so I came here!" Nikhil spoke in low voice.
"Okk it's ok Nikhil thanks a lot for helping, but you also come inside the umbrella,  you are getting drenched!!"
"No No ma'am I'm ok" he said
"But--" Divya was about to say something when a horn interrupted her. No it not her cab, it's Rhagav's car.

_______________________________________________

I know the chapter is short. But I'm having my exam now so please understand.  And please vote and leave your opinions in the comment. Also please 🙏 do check the next story that I'm writing in my profile,I request you to give it a try.
Hope you guys are well and fine.
Bye...
pritihearts