3.8

I woke with sun sparkling through the window, beams gliding across my face. The warm sun shone softly, a sweet alarm for me to wake up.

I slowly sat up, pushing myself up with my arms. Yawning, I stretched my arms and rubbed my eye.

My body shifted to the side of the bed and my feet touched the cool wooden floor.

Standing up, I began my walk over to the door, opening it and walking out into the many hallways.

The halls were very nicely decorated, some having pictures of Eret or landscapes. I kept walking through them, glancing around at places. The walk went on for a few minutes until I ended up into the main area that had a large double staircase up to a landing. 

I was on the landing, looking down on the marble flooring below. My face reflected off it and I could hear gentle footsteps gliding across them. 

Looking over from the landing, I saw Eret walk in. He had with crown and fluffy red cape, along with a small smile.

"Good morning y/n! How did you sleep?" He asked with a gentle tone.

I smiled at him and spoke.

"I slept very well, thanks for asking Eret."

He nodded and turned to the open frame he just walked through.

"Would you like to join me for breakfast?"

My eyes lit up at the mention of some food.

"Of course!" I said with a chirpy attitude.

I immediately started my way down the left flight of steps, my feet gliding down the smooth marble steps.

Eret stood waiting for me at the opening as I padded over to him.

We both then walked into the room connected to the main one. What I saw was truly spectacular.

An astonishing array of breakfast foods were spread across the large oak table. Smells wafted through the air and brought happiness to my rumbling stomach.

Eret looked over at me and chuckled slightly, before following through with me and sitting down.

I sat just across from him on the one side, starting to examine which food to dig into first.

My eyes laid on a breathtaking arrangement of f/b/f, quickly swooping my hand to put some on my plate.

Swiftly, I consumed the delicious food and went for more.

Eret ate some eggs and waffles, watching over as I dug through half the plates.

Once we were both about done, Eret spoke up.

"So y/n.. I was wondering something."

I looked up from eating and gave him my full attention.

"What are you wondering Eret?"

He took a breathe and looked up at me.

"I was wondering what had happened since I last seen you. Obviously stuff had happened that I never knew about."

I shifted in my seat with a wave of anxiety.

Eret saw this and spoke over to me.

"You don't have to tell me though! Not if you-"

"No no, it's alright. I would like to talk about it anyways."

He nodded and motioned for me to speak. I began telling him everything from the festival to now.

Once finished, Eret had mixed emotions on his face and honestly, I couldn't blame him. Everything that did happen to me was horrible.

He exhaled the breathe he had held in and looked into my eyes.

"That is just.."

He was at a loss of words.

"Nobody should go through that. And I'm sorry it happened to you. If you need anything at all y/n, I'll be here."

I gave him a smile and he smiled back.

We soon cleared up the table and went for a walk around the castle. Eret had shown me many things, such as the pride flag on his castle, which was truly a sight to see.

Its many colors waved with confidence in the wind.

Then it was his favorite tea collection that had piles on piles of special china dishes and cups. They were a nice blue and some had royal gold trims on them.

But after a while, we went our ways. Eret had suggested I see the garden out back, and so I did.

My feet went through the soft dirt beneath me. Everything looked gorgeous out here. Roses were blooming with vines climbing up decorative trellises.

The air was mixed with sweet fragrances of flowers. Bees buzzed pass and stopped by me a few times, some landing on my open palm.

I smiled down at the bees as they buzzed back into the air, sending calm sounds into the atmosphere.

From walking in the garden, I found a nice wooden bench to sit on. I sat and looked at the garden. It was truly an amazing garden.

But of course, I couldn't say that it didn't bring some memories back.

My eyes closed a bit, looking far past the tree lines. The sun beat past my skin, warming me up with its touch.

Everything was so calm, and just so at peace. 

I just wish it would stay like this forever.