Part 7

"Lix ! Innie ! What took you guys so long !" Han yelled. "We we're talking about something" Innie replied with a reassuring smile. As much as Han wanted to ask because he couldn't contain his nosey self, he just shrugged and changed the subject "well anyways, we're all going to eat Hongjoong and his friend invited us" the two boys nodded in agreement "okay let's go then" Innie exclaimed, grabbing his stuff from the benches and walking towards their cars. Felix noticed the red car parked near his friends cars, headlights on and engine running and his intrigue into who the driver was only grew.
He passed it slowly to get to Chan's car, only to see tinted windows to the point the driver was not visable, he looked at it for a couple seconds before being called again "Lix ! Come on" Chan yelled.
The blonde snapped out of whatever trance he was in, giving the car one last glance before running to his brother.

Inside, Hyunjin watched as the blonde stared into his window, thanking the heavens they were tinted. He couldn't believe it, the blonde cheerleader from school was at a car meet ? The meet he just raced in and WON ? He recognized the other guys but luckily they didn't recognize him, I mean they probably don't even know they attend the same school, but the blonde, the blonde knows of him and he can't let him know he races in his down time. His phone began to ring, it was Joong, he knows he agreed to go eat with them but now he's second guessing himself as he picked it up ..

"Hey Hyun, we're meeting at the hamburger spot, you know the one on the corner"

Hyunjin took a deep breath before replying

"uh I don't think I'm going to .. go" he replied, the line was silent for a few seconds before a voice replied

"wait why ? The guys really wanted to hang with you" Hongjoong exclaimed

"Yeah I know but I .. I can't, my parents want me home, just tell them I'll make it up to them" he said, hoping this would be a good enough excuse. Hearing a huge sigh on the other line.

"Alright well I'll see you later then"

"Ok bye .." The red head did feel bad for flaking at the last minute but he couldn't go, why ? Not even he himself had a good enough answer. He didn't want to say it out loud or to Hongjoong but the blonde going was the main reason he didn't want to tag along. Was him going that serious ? Yeah they have art and science together but they're not friends, Felix has never done anything personal to him nor was mean to him so why is he so against being around him ? These thoughts swarmed in the head of the boy up until he got home where he parked and ran into his house and up to his room, his parents were already sleeping so he headed straight to the room and locked his door. At the moment he just wanted to shower and go to bed, he needed to cool off and relax.. turning on the water and letting it warm up, looking in the mirror, sweat that he formed earlier while driving almost washing the red dye completely out of his hair. The red hair you may ask ? Well it was all part of what you can call his "alter ego" a different version of himself that no one has seen and only he knows of. It was actually impressive how strategic he was about keeping the two versions of himself separate, he wouldn't mix with people from school and he wouldn't mix with people in the car scene, so he basically was a ghost to both parties.

He has loved racing for as long as he could remember, his father frequently would take him to races as a child maybe in hopes to build core father son memories but whatever it was, it left a great impact on Hyunjin. Since that moment he's wanted to be a race car driver and he was pretty driven about sticking to that dream, he would learn all about the making and fixing of cars, keep up with all the local races and in 10th grade in exchange for good grades, his parents bought him a car for his 16th birthday. He could have had a party or a birthday trip to a foreign country but a car was his dream, a car of his own so he can customize it and drive it everywhere.

So Going back to his "secret" life He mainly kept this side to himself, not because he was embarrassed or worried about judgment but because it was the one thing he had complete control of, his social life, his parents, sometimes even his future he had no control over how these things would turn out but racing, his car and his passion he could. Which brings in another thin he can't control ... his feelings. Surprisingly to lots of people and by people meaning his parents, it was shocking that he's never had a girlfriend, not even a crush. Hyunjin could date but again he didn't really need to, he was fine by himself and of course he's a human being and sometimes he does find people attractive and he does get urges but they never lasted long enough for him to act on them.

Hyunjin seems like a complicated character, mysterious yes. awkward maybe. but there really wasn't a lot to him. He grew up with both his parents, both very nice people , being an only child he was used to being alone, to him it wasn't the end of the world not having siblings, he enjoyed hanging out by himself and being given all the attention at home. Never having to worry about sharing or siblings rivalries, it just might be one of the reasons why he is okay with not having friends now.. sure friends are cool and fun to hang with but he wasn't really in need of a friend or two. He didn't bother making friends in school or putting himself out there, if he's being honest Going to School was nothing to him, merely just a thing that all kids must go through in life, he had one plan when he entered high school. Get good grades and Graduate, nothing else. No spirit days or homecoming, proms or joining clubs, just get it done, leave and never look back. That's what school was to him, unlike the blonde who was set on being the schools pride and joy, having so much involvement in things that don't even matter once you graduate. Hyunjin didn't bother, call it being a stick in the mid or a party pooper he truly did not care.

He entered the shower slowly realizing he had been standing outside of it for way too long, throwing his head back into the streams of cold water. He needed this, cold water was stimulating and it took him out of whatever thoughts he'd have at the end of the day.
He wasn't the type to overthink situations or read too much into things but for whatever reason right now his mind was elsewhere, he started to think about the race .. this isn't the first time he won but every time he did it held new meaning, as if this is what he's meant to do.. like a calling inside.
He thought about the future and his new "friends" if that's what you'd call them and above anything else he thought about .... He thought about the blonde.