Part 35

The shower was wonderful for them both, both relaxing with one another and sneaking kisses here and there. Hyunjin was at the sink brushing his teeth, Felix who was doing his 12- step self care routine.
Hyunjin spit out the remaining toothpaste "you could set up your own beauty store with all of that" he teased, Felix playfully rolled his eyes "oh I'm sorry, some people just like to take care of themselves" he said with sass, "I take care of myself too but I don't see how using cupcake craze body scrub will help" he laughed as he read off the bottle
Felix chuckled, "let me put a face mask on you" he smiled, and with lots of convincing and a promise to buy him breakfast Hyunjin sat and let the blonde apply it. Felix had his whole set up on the counter as he introduced each product and it's purpose to the man who still didn't understand at the end of it.
Felix clipped the man's hair back, applying the glittery face mask on to the man's skin with his brush, Hyunjin sat there with his eyes closed and all the questions Felix had for the man over time suddenly resurfaced right now.

"Hyunnie- you don't have to answer but I'm just curious".. Hyunjin opened his eyes a little to let the boy proceed "why do you hide your face all the time ?" He asked hesitantly, the man shrugged "I guess I don't like it" he replied in a whisper, Felix was shocked to hear this response because in his eyes he was the most beautiful man he's ever seen.
It was 10 minutes of dead silence before a word was said "you can wash it off now" Felix exclaimed, his tone being less excited then what he started out with.
Hyunjin quickly noticed and sat back down in the chair waiting for the boy to continue, Felix poured some moisturizer in his hand applying it gently to the man's face. "Why so silent baby doll ?" He asked, Felix shook his head "it's nothing .." he replied.
Hyunjin backed off for a second before he began to speak again "baby remember what you said ? we have to trust each other.. and I know you meant that during sex but ... shouldn't we be able to trust each other always ?"
Felix took a breath, "I just don't get it .."
"Get what ?"
"Why you don't see yourself the way I do .."
Hyunjin tensed at the comment, "lix .. it's not that .. serious" he replied. Felix shook his head in disappointment "but it is ... you covering your face with your hair, covering your body with baggy clothes ... hiding your whole persona," Felix took a pause before continuing "why don't you believe you're beautiful ?" He sighed.
Hyunjin didn't know, "Felix be honest .. if you hadn't found out I was attractive you wouldn't have took a second look at me"
The blonde was surprised even offended that he'd imply such a thing, "what are you talking about ? I don't care about things like - "that's what everyone says, they tell you they don't care about looks but let's be honest your looks are the reason you're popular" "that's not true, I'm popular because I'm a good person and because - Felix exclaimed.
Hyunjin shook his head, "lots of people are good people, I'm a good person and no one ever once looks at me ? Why ? Because they don't believe I'm worth the time of day"
Felix sat back on the counter "no it's because you keep to yourself and you won't let anyone in"
Hyunjin was beside himself, "before I even saw your face that day... I wanted to be your friend but you'd shoo me away or run from me and I don't understand why ? What did I ever do to you that made you believe I was some snotty popular cheerleader" he exclaimed.
Hyunjin didn't say a word, if only the blonde knew the half of it.

Flash Back

It was 8th grade, Valentine's Day was a week away and in the bustling season many students were preparing their cards, buying flowers, asking each other out with big posters.
There was Hyunjin in the art room, he had spent almost an hour making 12 red roses out of cardstock paper, each rose unfolded would reveal a hidden message. 12 reasons why Hyunjin believed Lee Felix was the most beautiful person on the planet, he quickly finished his last note and smiled.

                    12th reason I like you :
                Your beautiful smile (: <3

Hyunjin heard the bell ring "Hyunjin, the art room will be closing in 5 minutes okay ?" The art teacher said with a sweet tone, Hyunjin folded the red paper into fours and then created his last rose, looking at the final product with a proud look.
He held the paper roses in his hand and now was the part that made his palms sweat, giving them to the boy.
He's never asked anyone to be his valentine before but according to Google there wasn't a lot to it.
"Be confident, smile and do something sweet"
He made his way down the steps to the main lawn where all the popular middle schoolers hung out, and there he was Lee Felix.
His beautiful brown hair and his sweet sweet smile, his laugh that was contagious and those beautiful freckles that painted his pretty cheeks.
Hyunjin took a deep breath but before he could,
"Hey freak" one kid said, he turned around to see two friends of chan standing there, "aww what cute roses and who do you think would feel sorry enough to go out with you ?" The boy said, Hyunjin didn't say a thing except tighten his grip on the flowers.
"Oh here's the card" another said, pulling the paper decorated with glitter right out of his hand
"What does it say ?" The first boy laughed,

The boy smirked and changed his voice to an impersonation of Shakespeare

"To my Sunshine,
                Roses are Red, Violets are blue
                         I want to tell you
                         That I love you

The boys read it off and burst into laughter, "you don't actually believe Felix would go out with a weirdo like you" "Hey Felix ! Look what this kid made you" the boy yelled, dragging Hyunjin to the main lawn where all the kids had turned to face him.
His heart began to speed up but not of excitement but of fear, here he was face to face with the boy who made his heart jump out of his chest.
Felix and the others watched as the bullies pushed Hyunjin towards the brunette, "go on freak ! Tell him how you feel" the two boys laughed.
Hyunjin stood there with the roses in his hand, the paper began to crumple under his fingers with the tight grip he had on them, his palms becoming sweaty at the thought of even speaking up.
He looked at everyone's eyes who were all on him, some judging and some curious.

Felix jumped off the table he was sitting at and approached the boy, "Hyunjin .. are these for me ?" He said softly with a smile, looking at the roses in his hand. Hyunjin wanted to vomit, he wanted to collapse and cry until no tears were left.
Hyunjin couldn't do it, he couldn't ..
he began to speak up until he felt a wet feeling
and just like that a plate of lunch was being poured on him by the bullies right in front of his crush ..
He could feel the food and drink run down his back, as the whole table bursted into laughter.
"Stop !" Felix yelled, pushing the boys from him.

Hyunjin's heart sank to the floor, not giving a chance to stay there as he ran off, throwing the paper flowers into a trash can and taking off to farthest part of the school.
"You're such jerks !" Felix grunted, pushing the boys back and running into the direction of the boy but with no luck he couldn't find him, but what he did find was the prettiest paper flowers and card he's ever seen tossed into some trash can.
He read the sweet little note and a smiled, hoping the next day he could return the favor.
But next day came and there was no sign of the boy, after the incident he didn't attend school and he didn't come back till high school started.

Leaving the blonde with nothing but a memory