Part 16

That Saturday morning was pretty packed for the blonde, he had cheer practice at 11 that would last till 1 and then they had a meeting right after and after all this he had to show up to the meet to be a flag girl. "Coach where is Mina ?" Felix asked as he approached the coach, this was now almost a week without their cheer captain. "Lix .. I need to talk to you privately" she said as she directed the rest of the squad to get into place. The two walked behind the bleachers "Lix .. uh Mina is going to be taking some personal time and I don't know when she'll be back but I was asking if maybe you were ready to be - captain, just until she got back" Nayeon said.
Felix was curious on what happened to Mina but he had no problem filling in for her, "yeah yeah no worries ... if you do see her .. please send her my well wishes" he said with a smile.
The two soon returned to the squad "okay everyone since Yuna suggested we do a surprise routine, I think we should do it !" Coach yelled, the whole team bursted out into cheers as they got into formation.

"Okay everyone so since this isn't our first rodeo, it was only right that we did a cowboy theme" Nayeon exclaimed, I ordered the costumes and of course our new apparel so it will be here today"
Felix smiled wide, he loved when they got new costumes, all the glitz and glam of the new attire.
"Ok everyone so for the new routine, we're going to start out with -"

Practice went by and at this point the squad was exhausted, going over what is now three routines.
1 for the pep rally at Fridays assembly, Their routine at the big game plus the new surprise dance during half time. "We're going to be totally wiped out" one cheerleader said as she laid on the ground.
"Yeah but at least once that's done, we can go back to just one routine" another mentioned.
Felix was drinking his water bottle when the principal came up with a huge box "looks like you kids got your new outfits" he said with a smile.
The whole squad jumped up in excitement, "oh my gosh ! Let's see them!" One girl cheered.
Coach came up quickly "ok let's see them" she screeched as she opened the box

"Oh MY GOSH !" The all yelled in sync.

Felix went home after practice with his three new outfits, due to the new attire they had to practice one time in it to make sure they didn't need to be sent back for resizing or tailoring. "Mom ! I'm home" he yelled as he entered the house, "I'm in the bathroom honey, dying my hair" his mother shouted back.
"Mom you will not believe it ! We got three new costumes and you're going to faint when you see them" he exclaimed, throwing his bags on the couch.
"No way ! Let me finish up real quick and I'll be right out" Felix watched as his mother struggled with applying the hair dye in the back section of her hair.
"Mom let me help you" he said as he grabbed the applicator from her hand, "thank you sweetheart"
It was quiet for a second while Felix applied the hair dye evenly, "So other then practice, how is everything going ?" His mother asked, Felix being the typical teenager didn't sit with his mom and have talks like they used to, he was so busy with friends, school, practice and his boyfriend that he didn't really get to just sit and bond with his parents.
"Well school is fine, Friends are okay I guess, boyfriend ..." his words trailed off quickly.
His mother could sense the topic rattled the boy, "lix - you don't have to talk if you don't -
"No it's fine mom, he's fine ... but I don't know, I think it's crumbling right in front of me.."
his mother was confused by his comment but soon caught on to what he meant.
"Like he's so overbearing, he doesn't let me breathe ! I can't do this, can't wear that.. i can't sit next to anyone in class without him thinking there's a secret relationship, can't go to an event with my brother because he thinks I'll deceive him"
"It's just all too much" he added, taking a deep breath as he rambled on.
Felix's mother quickly fixed her posture and turned to him, "sweetheart.. you know I want nothing more than your happiness but it sounds like you have yourself a Leech" she said. Felix thought for a second before his mother continued "he's glued to your hip and he's taking the life slowly out of you .. honey you're too young to be in a relationship that has you locked up like you're some circus animal"
"I know you lo-" his mother was quickly cut off.
"I don't love him mom .. I think I believed it was love because it was the only idea I had of it but I think .." he sighed, his mother hugged him briefly.
"You are not obligated to love him honey, people look appetizing in the moment but then you're on your third course and realize the meal was absolute shit" she exclaimed, Felix laughed louder then ever "mom ! You cursed !" He gasped.
His mother threw her hands in the air "I'm just saying the truth ! Look one day you're going to find somebody you have the hots for and that person is going to make you feel so alive, you won't even sit here and ask if it was love because you'll automatically know" she smiled.
Felix smiled as he thought back to his relationship and he can't recall a time he felt that for his boyfriend. He believes the persistence of the man basically forced Felix to like him and now that he knows what this relationship is about, he doesn't want it.. he can't see himself growing old with this man. "So let's see your costumes honey !" His mom interrupted.
Felix smiled a big smile, the talk with his mom definitely made him gain clarity, and with that he showed his mom all his outfits and explained in great detail of their performances which his mother loved.