Chapter 34

The others then hopped on the laughing horse, riding through the gates where severed heads were displayed on spikes.

Luci: Oh, look, the new heads came in early this year.

Y/n: (casually) Ah, the classic decoration choice. Heads on spikes really do brighten up a place.

As they rode through the gates adorned with gruesome decorations, Y/n couldn't help but make his characteristic dry remarks.

Y/n: (deadpan) Heads on spikes, it's almost nostalgic. A real testament to their interior decorating skills.

Luci: (grinning) It's like a museum of poor life choices.

Bean: (serious) Let's not forget why we're here. We're on a mission, and we need to stay focused.

They continued riding through the remote kingdom, a silence that could rival a library.

Bean: Where is everyone? Did this place have a noise curfew or something?

Y/n: (sarcastically) Oh yes, the kingdom's "Hush Hour." Very strict around these parts.

Elfo: Too quiet.

Bean: Elfo, stop parroting me. I mean, you're right, but still.

Luci: Like Jerry's head.

Jerry and the laughing horse burst into chuckles while Jerry playfully tossed Luci's head away.

Y/n: (sarcastically) A whiff of that classic castle ambiance. What a treat.

Luci's headless body stumbled about, trying to locate his missing head.

Luci: Over here, dumbass! Two steps to the left. Three steps to the right. And cha-cha!

His body's dance accidentally kicked him in the face while trying to get oriented.

Elfo: I've dreamt this was gonna happen.

Y/n: (mockingly) Well, it's good to see some things never change.

Bean: Everyone shut up! I hear something.

Y/n: (sardonically) Ah, the symphony of imminent danger and potential doom.

The group cautiously advanced through the eerily quiet kingdom, their footsteps echoing in the silence.

Y/n: (whispering) You know, I once read in a very ancient book that when a kingdom falls this silent, it's usually because the locals are hosting a very bad party.

Elfo: (nervously) I hope they at least have some good snacks at this bad party.

Luci: (teasing) Elfo, you'll eat anything.

Bean: (serious) This is no time for jokes. Something's not right here.

As they continued down the cobblestone streets, the sense of foreboding grew stronger, and the group couldn't shake the feeling that they were walking into something far more sinister than they had imagined.

Bean and Y/n stealthily moved forward, spotting a group of peculiar creatures marching with weapons and shields.

Bean: Ugh, fascist goons.

Y/n: (ironically) How delightful, a parade of mindless minions showcasing the latest in questionable fashion trends.

Luci: That means, Dagmar's back. Start panting, Pervo.

Elfo: Oh, I hope she's wearing her boots.

Y/n: (dramatically) Because no villainous plan is complete without stylish footwear.