Chapter 49

As Y/n and Bean retreated to the safety of Bean's room, they were met with a mix of relief and grief. They had narrowly escaped Dagmar's wrath, but it had come at a heavy cost.

Herg: (cheerfully) "Y/n, you did it! You've slain Lissa!"

Y/n: (exasperated) "Herg, will you please shut up? I didn't slay her. She sacrificed herself to save me."

Bean: (teary-eyed) "It's true. Lissa... she saved Y/n."

Their emotions were raw, and the room offered a brief respite from the chaos outside. Bean and Y/n needed time to process their losses and figure out their next steps in the tumultuous world of Disenchantment.

Amidst the somber atmosphere, Bean clutched the star necklace given to her by Mora, a memento of their lost friend. Y/n sat by her side on the bed, offering a comforting presence.

Bean closed her curtain, creating a private space for her and Y/n. Y/n began to speak gently to Bean, acknowledging the pain of losing someone you care about, especially when you've had regrets about how you treated them.

Y/n: "Bean, losing someone you care about really hurts, especially when you were horrible to them and never got to tell them you love them."

Bean: (sorrowful) "Yeah, Y/n. I know what you mean. I wish I could've said it to her. Now I'll never have the chance."

Y/n and Bean shared a moment of understanding, both grappling with their feelings of loss and regret.

Zog: (peeking through the wall) "Hey, Bean, I'm sorry about what happened to Mora. I wish I could give you a big hug, but I'm all smushed in here."

Bean closed her curtain, creating a private space for her and Y/n. Y/n began to speak gently to Bean, acknowledging the pain of losing someone you care about, especially when you've had regrets about how you treated them.

Elfo: (entering through the brick wall) "I can't imagine how you guys must feel right now. I mean, I can't get over the death of Alivo."

Bean: (confused) "Who's Alivo?"

Elfo: "The only thing worth knowing is he died owing me 80 bucks, but who cares, right?"

Bean: (sympathetic) "I'm so sorry for your loss, Elfo. That must be so hard."

Elfo: (awkward) "Besides, I'm here to cheer you up. Well, not that. I'm gonna soothe you in your unimaginable grief. If you would just move your arm, I could just reach over and stroke your forehead."

Bean moved away, and Elfo sighed, realizing his attempt at comforting might not be well-received.

Elfo: "No? Okay. I mean, actually stabbing your mermaid girlfriend right in the heart, and for you, Y/n, your sister sacrificing herself to save you. What are the odds, right? Zero? I don't know. Elves are terrible at math, but you get that I don't have a point."

Luci: (entering) "You want me to bash in his face with this muffin pan?"

Miri: (entering) "Bean, this is usually the time you tell the boys to shut up."

Y/n chimed in, acknowledging the importance of grieving and healing before seeking revenge.

Y/n: "I'm all about getting revenge, fighting, and kicking the enemies' sorry asses. But now is the time for grievance. We have time for that soon, and it would be badassery kick-ass time. But right now, it's grievance. People need time to grieve and get over loss. That could take hours, days, months, or even years, or never at all."

Zog interrupted the moment, urging Bean to get her act together for their upcoming challenges.

Zog: "Bean, are you still grieving? You've got to get your act together. We've got to murder Dagmar."