Chapter 50

Y/n: (Groaning as he wakes up) "Bean, it's not over yet. We can still find a way to win this."

Bean, still groggy, noticed the object lodged in Y/n's shoulder. She carefully removed it and did her best to patch up the wound.

Bean: "We're not giving up, Y/n. And hey, you're not looking too bad for someone who just took an energy blast."

They ventured further into a dark cave, their determination unwavering.

Next scene.

Bean: "Alright, Y/n, let's have a chat with these Trogs and convince them to help us stop Dagmar. I don't have time for their weird ceremonies."

Inside the cave, they met the Trog leader.

Trog Leader: "Welcome to our sacred ceremony. What brings you here?"

Y/n: "We need your help to stop Dagmar. She's a threat to everyone."

Trog Leader: "Our ceremony is sacred, and we cannot be interrupted."

Bean: "Listen, we really don't care about your ceremony. It's not our thing."

They decided to leave the Trogs to their ritual but were surprised to find Elfo.

Elfo: "Guess what? The Trogs offered me the secret to everlasting life if I swear allegiance to Trogdom and keep my mouth shut. Look, they even gave me this button!"

Bean: (Snatching the button from Elfo) "Oh my god, you'd do anything for a free button, wouldn't you?"

Y/n: "I mean, I get it, buttons can be pretty cool, but we're kinda in the middle of something here."

Bean and Y/n couldn't help but roll their eyes at Elfo's antics.

It was long before they stayed hidden for which they heard footsteps. It was from Dagmar.

Dagmar: (Demanding) "I want magic! I want brains! And I want my spoon!"

Trog Leader: "Magic makes you crazy, you see?"

Dagmar: "Are you calling me crazy?"

Trog Leader: "No, we're calling us crazy!"

Benji, one of the Trogs, volunteered to show Dagmar. She took off his hat to find an empty head, and all the other Trogs revealed the same.

Trog Leader: "See, having no brains keeps you from invading our dreams, and it's a nice side effect for immortality. We just have to suck on stalactites forever."

Bean, Y/n, and Elfo watched in amazement.

Bean: "Oh my god, the only way to live forever is to lose your brains?"

Elfo: "I'd never do that. I'd rather live in a basement apartment. Like Pops always said..."

Y/n: "We don't know them; we've got science on our side."

Bean: "Stience!"

But their conversation was cut short as Dagmar appeared suddenly.

Bean: "As many times as it takes! Wait..."

They all bolted, trying to escape from Dagmar's clutches.

They ended up in a mushroom-filled area and hit some mushrooms on the way down, which made them all high.

Dagmar: (High) "Do you ever wonder why words just taste so weird sometimes?"

Bean: (High) "Are you freaking out, Mom?"

Y/n: (High) "I think Dagmar's freaking out."

Dagmar: (High) "Guys, we should just... get into a love pile and hug it out."