I Don't Have Much Longer

I look at the IV in my arm. Is this really what it will take to get better? I'm really sick of chemo. Selina comes into my room again. "No!!" I instantly scream, throwing a pillow at her. She catches it and laughs happily. "How're you doing?" she asks, just like she does every day. I look at her and tears sting my eyes. "What's wrong?" she asks. "I don't know." I whisper. "It's just........the day seems too much to get through." I cry. "It will be okay. Just keep yourself occupied." Selina suggests. I shake my head; that never works. "Draw or write a song......just keep your mind off of the mess going on around you." she suggests.  "Selina, I need to tell you something." I say.  

"What's that?" she asks.  "I'm going to die soon.  I know I don't have much longer." I say.  "Don't think like that, baby.  You have to think positively and keep fighting." she says.  "Selina, listen to me!  I am going to die soon!  You can't deny that!!  Please stop telling me I'm okay because I know I'm not.  You know how little time I have left and I would appreciate it if you would let me go when I pass." I say.  "You know I can't do that, sweetie." Selina says.

"There's no point!  It will draw it out and make me suffer more!" I cry.  "Are you sure?" she asks.  I nod, even though I'm scared and sad about dying.  "Are you sure this is what's happening?" she asks.  I nod.  "How much longer do you think you have?" she asks.  "A few days......" I mumble.  "What can I do to make these days as comfortable and memorable as possible?" she asks.  "Don't leave me....." I say.  She sighs.  "Are you scared?" she asks.  I nod.  "Don't be." she says.  "God is caring and will make sure you're okay." she reassures me.  

"Okay...." I say.  She hugs me.  "I'm sorry you're going through this, but just think about how close it is to being over.  Soon, you won't have to fight anymore and you'll be with your parents." she reassures me.  I nod even though we're both in tears.  "Don't get upset." she says, wiping my tears.  I smile tearfully and try to relax.

A/N:  I GUESS SHORT AND SWEET AND TO THE POINT IS THE WAY TO MOVE THE STORY ALONG.  I'M SORRY ABOUT THIS ENDING, BUT I HOPE YOU'VE ENJOYED THIS JOURNEY AND WILL ENJOY WHAT IS COMING.  <3