p2c19

Jasmine's POV

"Why is....." I start, but I forget what I was trying to say.  Amber pushes me into a laying positon.  "She's delirious!  Restrain her, she's a danger to everyone!" Amber says, taking the lead; used to taking over in every situation!  "N-no!  Please, I am fine!!!" I cry, afraid of Amber.  Selina rushes forward, helping me to sit up.  "Amber, that wasn't the right thing to do!  Do I have to treat you like an intern?  I should tell Hannah and get you fired.  I don't deserve this abuse from you and Jasmine doesn't deserve the emotional turmoil you are clearly causing h-"  "That's enough!" I scream, interupting the heated argument.  Amber pushes Selina, causing her to fall.  Selina doesn't react, but I start to cry. 

"I'm okay Jasmine, but Amber's job is in grave danger." Selina says to me as she stands up, unsteady and clearly ill.  She sneezes loudly.  I jump, already easy to startle.  Amber pushes me into a laying positon, hurting my chest.  "Ow.." I cry.  Amber is already restraining me tightly to my bed.  "No...help me..." I break off, barely able to breath, coughing iradically.

Selina texts something quickly, walking over to me.  "Jasmine, it's going to be okay.  Let me undo these awful restraints." she says, comforting me with her gentle manner and reassuring words.  I gasp for air as the restraints are released.  A woman who reminds me of Selina in her mannerism bounds in, clearly unhappy.  I shy away.  Amber is given heavy glances as things are discussed in very quiet, secretive tones. 

"Hi, Jasmine.  I'm Hannah, one of the hospital heads who oversees everyone's work.  I've heard that there's been something going on between you three; and only a few moments ago I was informed it has turnt violent.  Do you mind sharing your view on things?" Hannah says, turning towards me clicking her ink pen nervously.  I glance around, nervous.  It reminds me of when I was interogated about the car wreck.  "Amber has been restraining me unnesecarily, pushing and hitting Selina and hitting me, and she has even been trying to force me on a ventilator while I was awake.  Things have been getting worse and Amber has been verbally abusing and bullying Selina, it's effecting her work." I explain.

Hannah nods, writing down what I said.  I jump as Selina sneezes.  "Selina, do you feel alright?  You've been sneezing and coughing the whole time I've been here.  Let me take your tempature, sit down.  You feel warm, you must be coming down with something my dear." Hannah says.  I clear my throat, but I am completely ignored.  I pick up my journal and start to write.  A tear falls onto my page, my ink running and my pain showing.  They help Selina stand.  She doesn't look well, I have to admit, but she isn't the patient.  She doesn't have cancer.  It is probably just strep throat or a minor cold.  It isn't worth the fuss and her getting all the attention.

Selina's POV

"I'm not" I begin, but am interrupted by a loud, painful cough.  I am guided forward by Hannah, who has been so caring, she was actually my over head mentor, who taught me how to work with my overseers.  She actually cared about me and now I'm having to lean on her.  "Selina, you have to go to the emergency room, you need emergency care.  I think you have bronchitis." Hannah says.