Part two Chapter 14

Jasmine's P.O.V.

I just got told that I am going to have to have several shots and IV's just to try to beat this thing that is eating away at my blood and insides.  I don't want to die, I haven't lived.  My 13th birthday is tomorrow, I will be trapped in this torture chamber, waiting to die.  I want to go home.  Wait, I don't have a 'home'!  I want my mom.  She took herself from me, I didn't deserve any of this.  Selina rushes in, with another antibiotic shot.  "Not again!  I don't want another!" I say, with tears gathering in my blue-gray, and green eyes.  Selina is past the point of sympathy; I can see it in her eyes and hear it in her voice.  She just uncovers my left leg.  The alcohol pad stings slightly because of a small scratch.  She counts to three and stabs the sharp needle into my thigh.  I jump and draw a breath in quickly, I don't want to start crying this time.  The medicine goes in slowly, again.  I bite my lip and close my eyes.  "Don't hold your breath." Selina mumbles to me sharply.  "Someone's in a mood" I think.  The medicine seems to be taking a long time to go in.  It is thick and trying to expand against my locked muscles.  I sigh softly and keep still.  After a few minutes, of pain and suffering; I have had enough!  I pull away, causing the large needle to come out.  Selina puts the cap on it and she walks out; slamming my door behind her.  I am shocked and I didn't know it would upset her, I just couldn't take the pain and stinging that the injection was causing.  I look at my leg to asses the damage.  There is a drip of blood and a small hole in my leg.  It hurts very badly still.  Selina and a nurse I haven't seen before walk back in.  Selina moves her red hair over her shoulder.  I roll my eyes and speak first. 

"Who is this?  I don't know or trust her!  Both of you just get out because I know why you are here!" I say with an edge to my voice that shows my discomfort and saddness.  Selina ignores the cutting words and speaks with her usually 'kindness'.  "This is Emma.  She's an intern.  You already know why we are here." she says adding emphasise to 'we'.  I am annoyed all over again.  The mock sweetness is worse than her actual mood.  I would rather her yell at me, then pretend to be nice; all for the sake of an intern.  Selina moves to my other leg, the one that she hasn't destroyed with a large shot.  The intern cleans my leg and she picks up the remaining injection.  I get out of bed quickly.  "No!  I told you, I don't trust her!  Just leave it half done.  I'm already better, I don't need it!" I say quickly, trying to avoid the painful injection.  Selina pushes me into a nearby chair and Emma approaches with the needle.  I close my eyes and squeeze my muscle tight. 

Emma sighs and says with annoyance in her voice "Relax your leg and let me get this stupid shot over with, now!"  I relax and she doesn't waste time stabbing my leg.  I jerk instinctively and I exclaim something incomprehensible.  The pain is different this time.  It doesn't sting as much, the needle is what is causing all the pain.  "You are in a blood vessel.  It's good that you didn't put any medicine in, yet.  Take it out and try again." Selina instructs.  Emma puls it out and goes two inches over.  The needle doesn't hurt as bad this time.  "There!  Now, slowly put the medicine in." Selina says.  I try to pull away when I feel the sting, but my leg is locked in place.  I cry softly, the pain is too much to put on a brave face.  Selina and Emma both smile at me.  "Why do you need this, Jasmine?" Emma asks, trying to distract me.  "It can save my life.  I have G.V.H.D.  If I don't do these shots, then I could die." I answer.