P2C31

I feel like I'm floating.  Then this horrible feeling ruins the peace and sleep.  I immediately sit up and my insides pour out of me.  "Nmmmhhh." I moan as I throw up again.  I become more aware.  My head is pounding horribly and my stomach is churning.  I gag and spew again.  Then, I feel everything just explode in pain.  "Awhhoow!" I scream.  I roll over and squirm from the horrific pain inside.  I feel like my insides are turning into a liquidy pulp.  It gets harder to breathe.  "H-help!!" I cry out as another roll of pain and sickness come over me.  I throw up, barely hitting the container. 

        I hit the button on my remote and cry.  "Jasmine, what's wrong?" Penelope asks.  "It hurts." I cry.  "What does??" she asks, her voice light but concerned.  "Ev-everything!!" I yell as my face is soaked with tears.  "Have you been sick?" she asks.  I nod and heave again.  "Oh, you poor thing!  Is it hard to breathe?" she asks, going through a mental check list.  I nod and try to dry my eyes, but it hurts to move.  "How did it start?" she asks.  "I-I felt like I w-was fl-floating, then this h-horrible feeling ruined it and I threw up.  Then I became more aware and my head was pounding and my stomach was churning.  I threw up again and everything exploded in pain.  Next, it got harder to breathe, more pain came and I threw up again.  Then, I hit the call button." I say as I choke on tears.

        "Alright.  That sounds awful.  I think your doctor needs to come check on you.  I'll go." Penelope says sympathetically.  Dr. Cornelius comes in and examines me as I spew and cry.  "Alright, Penelope do a CBC, kidney function, and spinal tap." Dr. Cornelius orders.  I start crying harder.  "It's alright sweetie." Penelope says calmingly.  She smiles.  Then, Selina comes in.  "What's going on?" she asks.  "She's in a lot of pain and she's throwing up.  We're just trying to figure out what's wrong." Penelope informs.  Selina nods.  "Well, Penelope, I'll handle the tests, you can go about your work." she says.  I groan and curl into a ball.  I keep throwing up continuously.

        "Alright, a complete blood count was ordered first." she says as she cleans my arm.  "Nmmmhhhh." I groan and roll away from her.  She moves to the other side and she stabs me.  "Mmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!" I whimper loudly.  "Sorry." she says as she realeses the torniquet to collect several tubes of blood.  "Alright, the CBC is taken, I'm taking the kidney function blood now." she says as she connects more tubes.  "Alright, that's done." she says as she bandages my arm.  "Now, you'll have to hold very, very still for the spinal tap." she says as she positions me.  "Nmmh." I groan as she moves me.  "Sorry, how bad is the pain on a scale from one to ten?" she asks.  "T-ten." I cry.  "That explains a lot of your moaning and crying." she says knowingly as she cleans my back. 

        "Small stick." she warns as she numbs my back.  "I'll wait for that to take effect." she says as she sits down.  "That should do it." she says as she stands up.  "Now, do not move!!" she warns.  "1....2.....3!" she counts as she stabs my back.  "Ouch." I whimper.  I don't move even though I want to get away from the extra pain.  "Okay, that should go to a dull ache now." she explains.  The pain in my back lessens and I would find it bearable if it wasn't for all of the other pain.  "Now, I have one tube, but I want to get five just in case they think it's Menningitis." she says as more spinal fluid drips into a test tube.  It takes 45 minutes for the test to be over.  She bandages my back and leaves.  I continue sobbing.

        "M-make it stop!" I cry.  Penelope comes in with the whole care team.  "Alright, Menningitis has been confirmed.  We'll start an IV and give you some anti-biotics and pain medicine.  You could die." Dr. Cornelius says as Penelope attempts to start an IV.  I move and start crying harder.  "I-It hu-hurts!!!" I cry loudly.  "Relax." Selina suggests.  I let my muscles untense, but the pain is still really intense and it's really awful.  The IV is in and I feel the first drip of pain medicine go in.  It doesn't have much effect.  Then, the anti-biotics start diffusing also.  "Nothing's helping!" I cry.  "Relax.  It takes five minutes to work." Selina says again.  "Stop telling m-me to relax!!  It's n-not helping!!" I snap as I find myself able to talk.

        "Alright." Selina grumbles.  "The medicine is still not helping!!  It's been twenty minutes!!" I cry.  "Okay, we need something stronger." Dr. Cornelius says.  I groan and roll over, trying not to dislodge the IV.  Penelope comes back with a high strength pain killer.  They push it into my IV and we wait....again.  It still doesn't help.  I cry more.  "Nothing's helping." I cry.  "Just....calm down.  Menningitis causes uncontrollable pain and vomiting.  It's going to be fine." Selina says as everyone else leaves to figure out what helps.  "N-no!!!" I cry harder.  "Stop crying." she says.  "What will make you feel better?" she asks as she sits down.  "I-I don't know."  I cry as I shrug.  "Well, why don't you draw?" she suggests.  "Really?  I'm dying from pain over here and you want me to draw.  I can barely move and I keep th-" I am cut off as I throw up.

        "Well, do you want to be sedated?" she asks.  I nod, anything to make this pain stop.  She leaves and then puts something in my IV.  I feel conciousness melt away.  I relax and feel the pain become distant.  "Ahhmmmnn." I moan in relaxation as it melts away.