p2c18

Jasmine's POV

Ok, there's something wrong.  I can barelyy move and I can't think straight.  I feel weak and no one is trying to help, Selina thinks she did all she could; but I'm still weak and suffering.  I push the button to call someone to help me.  I haven't been able to eat for three days, my body must be shutting down.  Selina and Amber said that this would happen.  Selina stumbles in, looking slightly depressed.  "What's wrong?" we both ask at the same time.  I move to look at her, which was very difficult, I have almost no energy left.  "I feel weak, my thoughts are jumbled toghether, and I can't eat.  Please help me!" I whimper, barely making an audible sound, but Selina gets the message.  "Don't worry about me, let's focus on getting your  body back into working order." she warns gently.  Her voice wavers with the concern of a mom.  I cry out slightly, my chest just exploded in pain. 

Selina checks my oxygen level and my pulse, both are weak.  I don't move anymore.  I'm in too much pain.  I barely feel the stabs of needles and the pinch of the pulse oxymeter.  I wince, my head is pounding.  I close my eyes gently and relax.  I sigh softly and let the pain and weakness take over.  "Jasmine!  Jasmine!!  This isn't good, this is not good!!" I hear Selina exclaim fearfully, from far away.  I open my eyes and let a tear fall.  "Good, now stay with me.  Don't go!" she says, about to cry.  "I'm...not..g-going anywh-ere." I say, pausing when the pain is too much to bear.  Selina stokes my hair.  Then I hear a beep, a pager alarm tone.  I hear shuffling beside me, then a soft groan; a groan of true exasperation. 

"Jasmine, I need to start a feeding tube.  Since it will only be in place a few weeks, it will be put in through your nose into your stomach.  It isn't pleasant, but I will try to make it fast and painless; but it will hurt more if you try to fight me." Selina warns, sounding slightly nervous.  I sigh and nod.  I wince when I move my head; it is too painful.  Selina gently opens my mouth and sprays a foul tasting spray into my throat.  I gag and open my eyes, meeting a fearful glance.  I mentally ignore it and close my mouth.  My throat goes numb and I can't speak.  I lay back onto a pile of pillows and relax until I feel a tube trying to push it's way into my nose.  I breath deeply through my mouth and I look towards Selina to calm me.  She smiles slightly.  I feel the tube go into my throat and I gag.  I reach for a cup of water and I swallow it quickly, pushing the tube down.  It goes through my chest.  I choke and start to cry.  "Stop!  Please just stop for a few minutes!  I can't breathe!  You're hurting m-me!" I cry.  The tube stops advancing and I breathe gently for a few seconds.  I nod and the tube is pushed the rest of the way in, quickly.  I scream suddenly.  "Sorry!" Selina immediately says, biting her lip and smiling gently. 

"Done, you did better than I thought you wo-wou-ahh-ahhh-ahhchooo!" Selina sneezes.  I giggle softly and pick up my journal.  I write something down and close it.  I feel a cool sensation from the tube as the calorie replacement flows through my tube.  I snuggle up with the soft blankets on my bed and I fall asleep.  I am finally at peace, but not for long.

Selina's POV

I seriously can't stop sneezing!  "Ahhchoo!" I sneeze loudly.  Everyone looks at me and laughs.  I laugh too and go to my office.  I go to my laptop and read my emails.  I have several from Amber.  They all give me the same message.  "You are no good.  Go die or quit or disappear.  You aren't good enough to be head nurse.  You killed Giovanna and Jasmine is a few days away from death.  Just leave now." they all basically say.  I slam my laptop closed and close my eyes.  I stand up and go to the break room.  I make a cup of tea.  It is chamomile and it immediately calms me.  I grab a few cookies from the storage rack and I go back to my office.  I eat my cookies and I leave my tea on the desk.

I pull out my phone and text Amber.  She storms into my office.  "What now hothead?" she asks, getting herself into bullying me.  She likes being mean to me.  "Don't call me that.  You need to stop bullying me.  If it happens again; one more name, evil text or email, and most of all don't you ever push me in front of a patient.  Oh, and then there's the subject of how you treat patients.  Don't force a breathing tube on a semi-concious patient and don't ever put your hands on a patient, no matter what they do to you!" I warn, venting all my frustrations and passing down a warning that I always give.

"Whatever!  You are just jealous, so shut up and leave me alone.  You are just an idiotic higher class worker.  You are a killer and you aren't deserving of this position.  Go die." Amber replys angrily.  I bite my lip and point her towards the couch.  I call the head of the hospital, who I get along well with.  There are two heads, but one thinks the way Amber does.  Hannah is down to my office before Amber has any time to make things worse.  I am sneezing the whole time I try to explain the situation to Hannah.  Amber tries to leave, but Hannah is blocking my door.  "Amber, Selina wouldn't lie just to boost herself up.  You have been denoted to CNA. You will have to work with Selina now, as her assistant.  You will become closert than ever.  Selina, if you  have anymore problems you have my number; stay strong baby girl." Hannah says, meaning to punish Amber, but punishing me more.