Part 2 Chapter 10

Jasmine's POV

I am all alone.  I am dying and I'm alone.  I know Selina cares, but it's not the same.  I talked to Nicole earlier today.  She has a mom who loves her and cares, and I am left with a nurse who can't decide if she actually wants to care about me.  I know she is kind,  but right now I wish Selina would get hit by a bus!  I want to be left alone and she keeps popping her head in every 15 minutes with an overly happy "How ya' doin?"  I hate it!  She doesn't understand me at all.  She says understands me, but I'm postive it's in her job description.  I hear another knock.  I sigh and say "Come in!" trying to hide the annoyance on my tired, cracking voice.  This time instead of Selina, Nicole and her mom bound into my room.  I finally say; once I catch my breath, "What's up Nicole and Mrs. Bown?" They sit down on either side of me before saying "We thought you could use the company." at the same exact time.  I nod and begin to cry softly.  Nicole holds my hand gently.  I dry my eyes with the tissue her mom holds out.  I take a deep breath before pulling them both into a group hug.  Mrs. Brown says "You're going to be fine, you won't live, but everything will be fine!  I love you like my own daughter and so does Nicole.  I'll leave you girls to talk." before hugging me, and Nicole.  She wallks out quickly so we don't see her cry.

             "I love you Nicole." I say with tears in my eyes.  She hugs me.  "I love you, too!" she says.  Her blue eyes sparkle.  They are finally close.  Nicole had her family near.  I feel calm and I feel relaxed.  I wouldn't mind leaving right now.  I look up and look at Nicole.  She looks worse than the last time I saw her.  "You don't look so good!  You're acting like you're going to faint.  I'm calling Selina!" I say.  Nicole nods and sits back in her chair.  I hit the nurse call button quickly.  Nicole faints, falling onto the floor.  I get out of my bed and I catch her head on the way down.  I lay her down gently and I put my pillow under her head.  She starts shaking!  I begin to panic.  I hit the nurse call button again.  Selina walks in quickly.  "Nicole, somethings wrong!" I say with panic in my fragile voice.  Selina lays Nicole on her left side and she waits.  "Do something!" I yell at Selina.  She ignores me.  She is going into autopilot, again!  She relaxes when Nicole stops shaking.  "Go find her mom, Jasmine!" Selina says with a tone that makes me obey immediately.  I walk to Nicole's room shaking.  "Mrs. Brown!  Nicole, something's wrong!!" I say loudly.  Her mom runs out.  She has tears running down her face by the time she sees what is wrong.  Nicole is laying on a stretcher and there are more people in my room than ever.  I get pushed out with Mrs. Brown.  They roll Nicole out on a stretcher and she is blue, I can't believe she could ever look so fraile and sick.  I start to cry.  Mrs. Brown pulls me closer.  I lay against her until Nicole and everyone else is out of my room.  I walk in and lay on my bed, alone.