The Gates Seal

I wake up and know today or tomorrow will be my last day on Earth.  I feel weak and kind of disconnected.  I wish Selina was inn here right now; I'm scared and she knows how to reassure me.  I hit the call button on my remote and she comes in.  "How are you doing?" she asks, a slightly nervous tone in her voice.  "It's almost time........" I say.  I see tears in her eyes and I feel so guilty.  "I'm sorry!" I cry.  "Don't be.....don't worry about me, or anyone else for that matter.  It is okay to let go.  No matter when you decide is the right time to let go, I'll be by your side.  

"Can I really let go?"  I ask, feeling like it's harder and harder to hang on.  "Do you feel like it's hard to hang on and if you stopped, you'd leave?" she asks.  "Not immediately....." I say.  "Just let go.  You'll go more peacefully." Selina says.  I can tell this is killing her.  I start crying.  "Don't cry.  There's nothing in the world to be afraid." she says, rubbing my pale arm.  I try to stop crying.  "You'll feel sicker if you cry." she warns.  "What if it's painful or scary?" I ask.

"Jasmine, I can't guarantee this isn't painful or scary, but I can guarantee I'll be with you.  You won't die alone." she says.  "Thank you." I whisper.  "Is there anything you need?" she asks.  "Can you tell me a story?" I ask.  She seems to hesitate.  "I should really get back to work...........but, sure." she says.  Selina starts telling me an elaborate fairy tale.  I relax and hang on to every word.  My head spins and my heart starts fluttering.

"Stop!" I exclaim, feeling afraid.  "No, sweetie.......just relax." she says in a low soothing voice.  I start crying.  "Shh............it's okay." she whispers.  She seems to be upset and unsure of what she's doing.  Selina lets me hold her hand.  She starts singing a calming lullaby.  I see a light begin to appear in the ceiling.  "Stop!!" I panic.  Selina seems confused.  "What is it?" she asks.  "There's a light......." I whimper.  "Focus on me.  I'm here." she reassures me.  I look into her eyes and focus on her soothing voice.  The light becomes brighter and closer and I squeeze her hand.  She rubs soothing circles over my hand with her thumb.  

I close my eyes, my heart beat really slow and missing some beats.  My breathing comes slow and I feel relaxed and heavy.  The light becomes closer.  I hear Selina close to tears.  The light completely covers me and I disconnect from my body.  I soar above, feeling no pain or sickness.  I'm welcomed with trumpeting and angels singing.  The golden gates open and I walk through, nothing holding me back.  The gates close behind me, keeping me from going back to Earth.