Chapter Nineteen-II: Recurrence

***

Here Jungkook came inside and kept the plastic bag which had his food on the table where the necklace was kept down. He brought two servings of food for himself and lisa too.

He looked down at his phone to see if she had dropped any message in reply and became happy to see the message that she was coming soon.

"Okay Come back soon, I have a surprise for you."

Messaging back, he happily unwrapped the food and opened the necklace box too see the necklace again. For unknown reasons he was excited.

He was about to eat but heard the doorbell ring.

"She Came So soon? Good for her..." mumbling this he smiled feeling excited and ran to the door asap. He was feeling so excited that he started talking even before opening the door.

" What took you so long?! I have something to give--------YOU?!", Jungkook exclaimed after opening the door and seeing the face of the figure in front of him. It was Miyeon who was looking at him fondly.

Jungkook was standing there blankly in extreme shock. His breath unconsciously stopped after seeing the face of his first love after such a long time and he could feel an unexplainable emotion creeping inside of him.

" Hello, Jungkook. It's been a while.", Miyeon said in a soft tone. Jungkook kept staring at her with his shocked wide eyes instead of greeting back. Miyeon too understood that he wasn't expecting her here at all.

" I guess my arrival was too sudden for you.", Miyeon said while tucking her hair behind her ear coquettishly while looking at the floor feeling a bit awkward now. Jungkook blinked due to the realization suddenly hitting him.

" H-Hi Miyeon. Long time no see. When did you come back from Japan?", Jungkook asked while trying to control his nervousness with a lot of hardship.

" Just a few hours ago.", Miyeon replied, "Won't you invite me inside?" she commented, and he blushed being embarrassed.

" Uhm yeah Let's talk while sitting inside.", Jungkook said awkwardly while giving her side to enter due to courtesy. Miyeon nodded with a smile and slowly entered inside. Coming inside Miyeon looked around the living room and took her seat on the couch. Just as she sat down, her eyes fell on the box which's lid was already opened, and she could see the shiny swan shaped necklace.

Jungkook was about to close the door but was contemplating over something. He was feeling uneasy and nervous at this moment to invite his ex-girlfriend inside the house when his wife was not at the house. Thinking that, he took the latch off the door and kept the door open.

But he did what he thought was better in the moment. He couldn't just tell her to go away as they had ended everything on friendly terms. He then walked inside and caught Miyeon looking at the necklace with attentive eyes. He mentally cursed himself for not closing the lid of it and quickly went ahead did the unfinished work by closing the lid of the box.

" Sit for a while I'll go and bring some drinks and snacks for you to eat.", Jungkook said while keeping the box in his hand and grabbed the unwrapped box of food that he bought earlier with his other hand. Then he quickly started walking away on her nod leaving her seated.

It was already understandable what was the purpose of the necklace as Miyeon was grown a up. Still, she couldn't deny the emotion of being hurt which was created inside of her. After some time Jungkook came back with a tray in his hand and served her tea as well as some snacks which was already in his house.

" Sorry for the inconvenience, actually the maids of this house are supposed to start working from tomorrow.", Jungkook explained.

" Why are you being so formal Jungkook?? We are still friends, right??", Miyeon said and Jungkook just scratched his nape.