Chapter Twenty Three-II: A bit closer to the secret.

Miyeon was sitting on a rocking chair in the balcony feeling melancholic while staring at the night view outside. She was sitting still while memories from the morning were flooded inside her brain.

After her fight with Lisa, she was standing in the hallway of their university trying to call her mother to complain over Lisa's behavior. Some of her classmates helped her before and treated her wound so she didn't worry about them. She was getting frustrated when her mother wasn't picking up the call even after dialing two to three times. 

'' What's keeping her so busy?'', Miyeon murmured while slightly brushing her hair with her hand being annoyed. But she stopped calling after noticing Jungkook rushing somewhere.

''Jungkook?!'', She called for him making him take a sudden halt from his running. He looked back panting and saw her.

'' Where are you rushing like this?'', Miyeon asked a bit worried about his state...

'' To see Lisa. I heard she was hurt.'', Jungkook replied making Miyeon's heart sank. She unknowingly clenched her fist to control her anger. 

'' Seriously Jungkook?! I am hurt too but you didn't even find it important to ask me if I am fine or not?!'', Miyeon complained feeling jealous. Why did checking on Lisa first come to his mind between them? 

Jungkook was silent finding no reply. Because he actually had forgotten about Miyeon due to his worry for Lisa.

'' And on top of that what's wrong with Lisa huh?! She was the one who instigated the fight, and she is also the one getting all the concerns?'', Miyeon ranted feeling unfair. 

Jungkook put his hands on his waists and looked at her with a sigh.

'' But I heard you were the one to slap her first. Why did you get physical with her Miyeon? I have seen her avoiding you hard ever since your arrival; so why would she initiate a fight with you? And about concerns I heard from Jimin and others that you were the one who got our classmate's support not her.'', Jungkook replied making Miyeon widen her eyes in hurt and surprise.

'' Wait Jungkook, are you doubting me? Are you thinking I am lying to you? Who won't get physical with an impudent person who will say trashes about my mother without any reason?'', Miyeon exclaimed feeling angered. Jungkook furrowed his brows.

'' Miyeon ah don't slander her. I know she can be a bit rude, but she will never speak ill regarding someone's parents. She is not the type of person to start any fight without any strong reason.'', Jungkook replied confidently earning a shocked gasp from Miyeon.

'' Jungkook! What are you trying to say indirectly that I was the one who is making things up?! I was the one who fought with her without any reason?! What's wrong with you?!'', Miyeon asked slightly raising her voice being extremely hurt. Jungkook was silent for some seconds before saying his last words.

'' I trust her.'', Jungkook said with a look of conviction in his eyes and started walking away.

She grabbed her aching chest after remembering these and the words also that Jungkook told her at the restaurant. She wiped the tears that had escaped due to her remembering the memories. 

'' Men are so cruel. He didn't trust me even though I was innocent. How can someone change so much?'', She mumbled while looking at her fingers. She has been staring at them frequently after Jungkook showed his wedding ring feeling her own finger empty.

'' Everyone thinks I am the villainess between Jungkook and Lisa. But I don't even know what my fault is yet. Freeing Jungkook from me? Being the stepsister of Lisa? wanting to stay a little bit close to Jungkook?? Where is it?!'', She said while her eyes were getting teary again.