Chapter Twenty-II: Revealed Truth

"I am really very sorry. I got really late besides there was a huge traffic jam and I had to cross that- ... " the girl started explained herself but stopped suddenly seeing someone sitting beside her stepsister... 

"Oh, here she is, Jungkook, meet her. She is Miyeon my daughter. And Miyeon, he's Jungkook. Your Bother in law and Lisa's Husband." Anisa introduced them to each other. Lisa rolled her eyes in annoyance seeing her after getting over her shock...

Jungkook and Miyeon both were staring at each other's eyes being flabbergasted. Jungkook's brain stopped functioning for some time. 

Miyeon looked at Jungkook and Lisa sitting together while wearing matching color clothes feeling her heart clenching hard as she could apprehend what was happening.

Not only Jungkook and Miyeon, but Lisa was also shocked seeing Miyeon there. Her parents didn't tell Lisa beforehand that Miyeon will also be joining the dinner. They surely didn't tell her on purpose because they knew Lisa won't come if Miyeon was also present. 

Lisa was now feeling angry that her parents were still hell bent of forcing Lisa to get along with Miyeon even if she forbade them. Lisa glared at her dad with resentment filled eyes while David was trying to avoid her eye contact. 

Everyone presents there noticed Miyeon and Jungkook's abnormal reaction while staring at each other. Lisa nudged Jungkook with her arm making him come back to reality. He looked at Lisa who was giving her questioning eyes. Then he realized that he needed to handle this situation meticulously. 

He couldn't let them know that Miyeon and Jungkook had past relation and ruin the already destroyed family more. He stood up with a forced smile.

"Hi, nice to meet you, Miyeon ssi. I am Jeon Jungkook.", Jungkook said while extending his hand for a handshake. Lisa narrowed her eyes noticing that Jungkook's hand was slightly shaking. 

He never in his scariest dream thought that Miyeon would be Lisa's stepsister! Miyeon was staring at Jungkook's extended palm while tears were threatening to come out of her eyes. She hardly could contain the tears, but nonetheless, she did.

 The entire situation and the way Jungkook were acting like a stranger to her right then was killing her.

" A slight handshake won't break your hand. Will it?", Lisa said in a taunting tone. She knew that Miyeon was being mean to Jungkook because he was Lisa's husband. And it was making her angry too.

" Miyeon what are you doing darling?", Anisa asked in a sweet tone. Miyeon quickly got her conscious back, and she shook her hand with Jungkook trying her best to act polite.

" Nice...Meeting you too.", She said in a hoarse tone. Lisa gave her a judging look seeing her acting weird. Lisa had expected her to show her and Jungkook the bitchy attitude she always wears around her.

But today she was being a bit polite abnormally. Both Jungkook and Miyeon were standing. David asked Miyeon to take the empty seat which was just beside Jungkook. This made Jungkook awkward again.

However, they sat on their chairs feeling awkward.

"Please don't mind her son. She is just a bit tired.", Anisa explained with a laugh and Jungkook nodded.

"Oh Jungkook, she used to be a student at your current University, did you know that?" David asked and Jungkook nodded making the others a bit surprised. Miyeon too looked at him expectantly. 

"We might have bumped into each other once in a while-" Jungkook replied but Miyeon cut him his words in the middle.

"No wonder he seems familiar..." she replied in a nonchalant tone making him look down.