🐍 Schemer of the Scalding Sands: Chapter 5 🐍

Angel slowly opened her eyes, seeing that she was surrounded by darkness. She looks around in confusion, hoping that something would show up or talk to her, but her thoughts are soon distracted by a child-like figure running past her. She sees the figure run ahead of her, the figure running further and further away until she spots another figure in the distance, a tall figure looking ahead, not knowing the child heading towards them. The child stops in front of the other figure and happily talks to them, a smile on their face. Angel observes the scene, a melancholic feeling overtaking her as she sees the child happily talking to the figure, almost as if it felt familiar to her.

"Shut up!" The taller figure screams in anger, shocking the child and Angel. The taller figure  look at the child with a look of scorn, almost disgusted at the sight of it. "You're nothing but a parasite in my life! I can't deal with you!" The figure screams at the kid, and the kid only looks down in silence, accepting their words. "I will you were never born! I wish that you just didn't exist! Ever since I had you, it's been bad luck everywhere!" The figure continues to scream and, for some reason, Angel felt that the scene was very familiar, it didn't feel like a dream, no, in fact, it felt so real, so personal.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk," a voice beside her says, the feeling of fear creeping up on her as she feels a presence beside her, only to find nothing. "A parent is supposed to take care of children, you know," The voice says, making Angel look at the scene. "To think that a parent would call their child a parasite when they are supposed to take care of it is ironic, don't you think?" It asks her and she only looks at the scene quietly. Eventually, the taller figure walks away from the child, heading towards Angel and she see it, trying to at least move out of the way, but her body wouldn't move. The figure only approaches her and stops, which Angel hopes that it didn't see her, but she felt a look of scorn staring her down, making her flinch. The figure only stares at her in disgust.

"I wish a parasite like you would just drop dead," the figure says coldly and walks off, leaving Angel alone, and for some reason, she felt tears down her face.

"Hmmm..." the voice hums in thought as Angel tries to wipe tears from her face, only to fail as the words settle her mind, more tears coming down. "What they said isn't wrong." She felt a hand on her head, almost as if caressing her face. "You are like a parasite after all, relying on others for help when you could do it yourself, yes? The people you rely on, do you think that you're a parasite in their eyes? Always relying on them for help when just a simple action can solve a problem, thinking they'll come to your rescue at a moments notice. Do you really think they see you as a friend?" She thinks for a moment. Do...they? "The difference between a friend and a parasite is that they look at a parasite in pity," the voice says with a smirk. "They look at one and think they have to take care of it, yet they want to get away from it the first chance they get. What about the people who you call "friends"? Your different from them, and yet they have no choice but to take care of you, correct? What's to separate you from a parasite?" The voice chuckles, fading into the darkness, leaving her alone as she looks into the distance.

Angel slowly opened her eyes, seeing that morning light has entered the room. What...happened? She thinks as she slowly gets up, recalling the dream, only for a sharp pain to occur in her head as she only tries to recall it. She shook the thought away, thinking it probably wasn't important enough, and started to wake Grim up, getting ready to start their assignment. Feeling the cold air around her in the dorm, Angel shivered for a moment, trying to find an outfit in her closet that can get her used to the cold, only to smile when she found a coat and some comfy boots, along with gloves. Cold wasn't her strong suit, so the fact that she had a coat and gloves made it bearable. She put on her smock, with the coat, gloves, and boots over it and head out the door with Grim, eyes wide at the sight of snow covering the ground and dorm, shocked at how fast it came, despite it being a bit warmer yesterday. That's why it was so cold!