👑 The Beautiful Tyrant: Chapter 6 👑

"Who's there?!" They call out, looking around, only to find Angel groaning on the bushes. The person looks at her, and she looks at the person, the familiar features becoming clearer in her mind. The shaggy light purple hair, bright blue eyes, delicate and cute face... She's seen this person before. The person's face start to become red at her look.

"Sorry to interrupt," Deuce says, interrupt the person's gaze on her as Ace helps her out of the bushes, getting any leaves or twigs off of her. We heard singing, and..." Deuce looks at the person, a pensive look on his face. "Wait a minute..."

"Grim, stop trotting around underfoot!" Deuce says as he moves around, trying not to step on Grim's tail. As he's moving around, he bumps into someone, making them tumble and fall.

"Ah..." The person softly groans as they sit up. Everyone's eyes were on the boy that fell, seeing that he had a cute face, with shaggy purple hair and bright blue eyes.

"Whoops, sorry about that!" Deuce says as he holds a hand up, helping the boy up. Angel saw that he was about the same height as her, more or less a half a centimeter shorter than her. "You okay?" The boy starts to sniffle, tears falling down from his face, shocking Deuce. "Wh-whoa! Y-you're...crying?!" Deuce exclaims, panic in his voice.

"Profeeeeessooooor!" Ace shouts. "Deuce is bullying a kid from another class and making him cry!"

"That's not funny, Ace!" Deuce snaps, then look at the boy. "Did I hurt you that badly? I am SO sorry. Here, lean on my shoulder. I'll get you to the nurse's office," he says as he tries to help the boy.

"Rgh...Dagnabbit..." He mumbles, confusing everyone.

"Huh? Dag-what...?" Deuce asks.

The boy opens his eyes, looking at everyone looking at him in concern, only to realize what he said. "Ngh!" He grunts, running off, leaving the five alone.

"Aren't you the guy I ran into on the first day of the semester?" Deuce asks, the events coming back to him.

"Ah..." The boy says in thought. "Yes, I'm sorry about that."

"Hey, I'm the one who should be sorry," Deuce says. "Your name was...Epel, right?"

Epel looks at him in shock. "Huh? How did you know?"

"Jack told me. He's in your class, yeah?"

"Yes," Epel answers. "And I believe you two are...Deuce and Ace?" He asks the two and they nod. "And you're Grim and Angel, I take it?" He asks them.

"Ooh, you know our names?" Grim says with a smiles. "I guess we really ARE campus celebrities."

"Your exhibition match at the interdorm Spelldrive tournament was pretty amusing. Heh heh," Epel chuckles at the thought.

Everyone groans. "That's not exactly something we want to be known for," Ace sighs. Aside from me, at least no one else was knocked unconscious. Angel sighs.

"So, Epel," Deuce says, getting his attention. "Why are you singing into the well?"

"The well has an echo, so it's a good way to hear the sound of your own voice," he explains. "Housewarden Vil instructed me to practice my singing here."

The statement made the four think. "Does Pomefiore have some rule that you have to be a good singer?" Deuce asks.

"This isn't our dorm," Ace states. "Only Heartslabyul has rules that crazy."

"Correct," Epel agrees. "It's not a rule of the dorm, per se, but I will be auditioning for the Song & Dance Championship."

"Nice," Deuce congratulates. "Good for you!"

Epel hesitates. "Vil instructed me to work on making my singing sound more charming and sweet..." He stops, thinking about the words to say. "But if I'm being honest, I could so without the whole competition," he mumbles.

"Huh?" Deuce asks in confusion.

"What's this, Epel?" A voice calls out. "Are you shirking your vocal practice to parley with the pigeons?"

"Ah!" Epel exclaims as his eyes widen behind the four. The sounds of footsteps appear and the four turned around, following his line of sight.