👑 The Beautiful Tyrant: Chapter 22 👑

A few days later, it was finally the first day of the training camp. Angel and Grim stood in the foyer, welcoming the guests as they walk in. "Bonjour, Angel. Grim," Rook says as he happily greets the two. "We shall be availing ourselves of your hospitality for the next four weeks. Thank you for having us."

"Whatever it takes to get that tuna," Grim mumbles and Angel only slightly kicked him for his comment.

"Welcome to our humble abode," she says with a smile as more people come in.

"My," Vil says as he steps into the foyer. "It's certainly cleaner than I was expecting," he states. Angel sighed at his words. I didn't expect to house people so quickly into the new year. Good thing I cleaned before winter break.

"Hello..." Epel quietly greets as he enters.

"Wow, the ceilings are so low in here," Kalim says as he looks around, with Jamil in tow. "I'd hit my head if I tried to ride my magic carpet around."

Jamil sighs. "Maybe don't fly indoors at all," he states. "Angel, would you mind letting me share Kalim's room or take a room adjacent to his? This dorm is less secure than Scarabia, since you don't have to pass through a mirror to get here."

"You're so paranoid, Jamil," Kalim assures. "We haven't had a single assassination attempt on campus since I enrolled."

"It's not you I'm worried about; it's me, if anything happens to you," he says. "Just because you were safe yesterday doesn't mean you'll be safe today."

Angel sighs at the two. "Jamil," she calls out. "There are plenty of rooms you can use to stay next to Kalim if it makes you feel better. After all, we have rooms on the third and second floor, so you can take your pick to make it easier." Jamil relaxed at the words, at least glad that he choose what room to take.

"Then, I'll take the room next to yours, Angel!" Kalim happily says, shocking both of them. "We can be neighbors with a dance party every night!"

"Kalim!" Jamil exclaims. "Let's not make her have more trouble than she can handle." He says as they continue on, making her laugh.

"Hey, guys!" Ace says as he and Deuce comes in.

"Thanks for having us, Angel," Deuce says as he hands her a bag filled with three boxes. "Here, these are from Trey." She takes the bag, curious about the contents and places it on the table.

"Ooh, what's in the boxes?" Grim says as he jumps on the table, smelling it. "I smell a sweet treat!"

"It's a homemade chocolate cake, some apple pie, and Angel's favorite, courtesy of Trey," Ace answers, making the two look at the boxes with sparkling eyes, happy at the information. "He said if we were imposing on another dorm's hospitality, we should at least bring gifts. What is he, our mom?" He sighs. "We can split it with everybody later."

"Myah hah!" Grim cheers. "You can always count on Mr. Shrewd Specs to do the thoughtful thing."

"I'm afraid I'll have to confiscate those gifts," Vil says as he takes the boxes away from her, leaving them shocked.

"What?! Why?!" Grim asks in a panic.

"Gracious," Vvil says as he looks at the boxes. "Trey never changes, does he? He's the type of man one must truly watch himself around- the kind who spoils people rotten under the guise of knowing what's best."

"Are you gonna make up some nonsense about rules and throw out perfectly good food like Riddle?!" Grim says with a glare. "Because I got some choice words for anybody that lets food go to waste!"

"Pardon?" Vil says as he looks at him. "I never said anything about throwing it out. Anyway," he looks to the group. "All of you are to take your luggage and gather in the lounge. I have an important matter to discuss before we start," he announces as everyone heads to lounge, luggage in hand. Once they all arrived at the lounge, they place their luggage down, leaving the duo confused as Vil stands in front of it.