🐍 Schemer of the Scalding Sands: Chapter 31 🐍

"And there we have it," Jade speaks, getting Jamil's attention.

"?!" Jamil looks at him in shock, seeing that there was Angel and Grim behind him, staring at him in shock.

"So, you finally show your true colors!" Grim angrily shouts. "I bet you thought you were real slick, pullin' the wool over our eyes!"

Jamil look at the group in shock. "How...How much did you hear?" He asks.

"All of it, from start to finish," Jade states. "Your entire conversation from the moment you left in the lounge has been livestreamed to the world from Azul's smartphone."

"WHAT?!" Jamil exclaims.

"Azul's Magicam livestream presently has five thousand active viewers," Jade says. "It's trending online under the topic: 'A certain Magicians' School's Dirty Little Secret.' It's your moment in the sun, Vice Housewarden," he smiles. "Naturally, all the dorm students are gathered in the lounge, watching you."

A group of students approach the five, looking at Jamil in shock. "Vice Housewarden Jamil, is everything you just said true?" A student asks in disbelief.

"Have you really been deceiving us this whole time?!" Another student exclaims.

"Talk about a wolf in sheep's clothing!" Grim says as he glares at Jamil. "You're a fraud, through and through!"

Jamil look at the students' looks, seeing their faces range from disbelief to anger. "Y-you...You've got it all wrong," he starts, stuttering. "I..."

"Don't even try to talk your way out of this one," Jade interrupts. "The mind control magic you used on Azul is hard evidence. Jamil..." He pauses. "It's been you all along. You've been using your signature spell on Kalim and making him throw Scarabia into chaos!" He declares.

"Gh...!" Jamil grunts. He look at the group in front of him. "I was trying to avoid escalating matters, but you leave me no choice." He looks to Azul. "Azul, I command you! Subdue and restrain them all."

"...Yes, Master," Azul says as he heads towards the group, leaving everyone in shock.

"Azul, no," Jade says to him. "You don't want to do this. Snap out of it."

"Pleading with him, won't help!" Jamil says with a smirk.

"Yes. I am Jamil's loyal minion..." Azul says to the group, only to turn around and look at Jamil. "...Or at least, you wish I was."

The statement throws Jamil off and make him look at him in shock. "WHAT?!" He exclaims.

"Jamil, you said the funniest thing to me earlier," Azul says as he fixes his glasses. "Allow me to return the favor. You thought I was an arrogant magician, but you were sorely mistaken," he smiles. "An embarrassing misjudgment for the vice housewarden of Scarabia- the dorm that embodies the spirit of mindfulness."

"What's going on?" Jamil asks, baffled by the twist. "I know you made eye contact. I had you under control!" He shouts.

"Please," Azul scoffs. "I'm a competent magician. I always prepare for all eventualities before I act. Isn't that right, Floyd?"

Floyd walks up. "I think you let your guard down a little too soon there, Sea Snake," Floyd says in a deep voice, shocking the two.

"MRAH! What's with your voice?!" Grim asks in shock.

"I signed a contract with Azul and got this rad deep voice for it," Floyd explains with a smile. "Whaddaya think? Do I sound all cool and grizzled now?" Angel thinks for a moment. It honestly doesn't fit him, but he could sing in a jazz club... "In return, I offered Azul my signature spell, Bind the Heart."