🐍 Schemer of the Scalding Sands: Chapter 37 🐍

A/N: Alright guys! Another quick question: Which is the best greeting: handshake, fist bump, or hug? (11/7/23)

Also, thinking about getting the fashion dreamer game for the switch to help out with outfits. Anyone can tell me if it's good?

Jamil and Angel slowly open their eyes, seeing the familiar carpet in front of them. "Ngh..." Jamil groans as he sits up and Angel slowly follow suit. "Where am I?" He asks, seeing that the five were looking at them.

"Oh, good. You've regained your senses," Azul says to Jamil, making him confused as he stands up.

"Mrah..." Grim sys as he heads over to Angel. "That monster's gonna be hauntin' me in my dreams," he shivers.

"J...Jahbeel..." Kalim says as he runs over and hugs Jamil. "WAAAAAAAAH!" He cries, shocking Jamil.

Jade and Floyd help Angel up, looking at the scene. "Somebody get Sea Otter a tissue already," Floyd says. "Guy's equal parts snot and regret."

"I suspect all that talk about punching him as gone out the window as well," Jade says, a bit disappointed.

"I-I'm so glad you're alive..." Kalim says as he cries. "Sho glad..."

"Must you always be so dramatic?" Jamil sighs.

"I...I never knew how miserable you were all this time," Kalim states. "A-all this time..." he sniffles. "I never knew...just how much I put you through..."

"Which led to this spectacular betrayal," Azul comments.

"Yuuuup. Sea Snake's been mocking Sea Otter beneath his breath for pretty much their whole lives!" Floyd states.

Angel and Grim sweat drop at the comments. "Geez, and you guys say I'M blunt," Grim mumbles.

"Y-yes, you're...kind of a jerk," Kalim says as he looks at Jamil. "But you're still the guy who's helped me all my life."

"Kalim..." Jamil says. He looks to Angel, seeing that she had a small smile on her face.

"So let's just stop," Kalim says. "We can stop holding back on account of our social status."

Jamil took a moment to process his words. "...Uh, what?"

"Starting today, we can be rivals that compete in earnest for the spot of number one," Kalim announces. "I want us to be equals, and I want us to be friends, Jamil," he smiles.

Jamil thinks about the proposition, reminding him what Angel said. "Equals? And friends?" He chuckles, seeing that what she said about him was true. "Heh...Why am I not surprised that's what you got out of this, Kalim? Then let me say this as one equal to another..." He says as he looks at him. "NOT! ON! YOUR! LIFE!"

The statement shocks everyone but Angel. "Uh?" Kalim asks.

"The heck?!" Grim exclaims.

"You thoughtless, sloppy, idiotic, clumsy, ludicrously oblivious, arrogant, indelicate, pampered little rich boy!" Jamil lists and Angel just sweat dropped at him. "Who in their right mind would ever voluntarily be your friend?! What's in it for me now?! Nothing! And that's what I want- nothing to do with you!" Jamil finishes.

The statement leaves Kalim speechless. "Wh.... Whaaaaat?!" He exclaims. "How can you say that?!"

"Yeesh," Grim states as they watch Kalim trying to plead with Jamil. "He must be feelin' better, 'cause he sure ain't pullin' any punches."

Angel just laughs at the duo, leaving everyone confused. "It's his real personality! He really is a wolf in sheep's clothing!" She says as he laughs at them.