🐍 Schemer of the Scalding Sands: Chapter 41🐍

That night, after having their fill of food, games, and movies, Angel was doing her night routines, seeing that Grim was sprawled out on the bed, sleeping. She softly giggled at the sight. It really is good to be back at the dorm she thinks as she looked in the bathroom mirror, making sure everything was okay. She looked at the bandage around her neck, seeing that the bruise was still there, reality starting to set in. Even Jamil and Jade were confused at the sight of the bruise when they checked on it after a few days, seeing that it barely disappeared. Luckily, thanks to Jamil's talents and secrecy, he told her a way to take care of it and to keep it out of people's view, mainly in case that people think that she was almost murdered on campus, which technically did happen, and for the fact that he and Kalim would have to leave the school for fear of any dangers that might target Kalim. She sighs at the memory, taking his proposition in mind as she rewraps the bandage around her neck, trying to see if there was anything she could wear just in case school opens back up and the bruise is still there. The collar on the shirt is a bit low, so I'll have to find something to cover up what's left at least... She looks at the mirror, admiring her work on the bandage. It actually looked like a professional did it! She smiles, content with her bandage skills and heads to the bed, seeing that Grim was deeply asleep, drool coming out of his mouth. "Myah...Mmm...I've got dibs on that turkey..." he mumbles as she rolls her eyes at him, knowing well enough that his dreams about food would keep him asleep for a good while. As she starts to get under the covers, a bright light started to fill the room and she looked around, seeing that the light came from the mirror.

"The mirror's glowing again?" She mumbles as she gets out of the bed and quietly head to the mirror, entranced by the glow. As she walks towards the mirror, she stepped on something.

"Gyah!" Grim exclaims with a jolt. "Watch the tail..." he mumbles as he heads back to sleep.

She stops in front of the mirror, seeing that the mirror was glowing brighter than before, just like last time. Just like last time, something, no someone, was knocking from within the mirror, seeing a familiar shadow in the mirror. "There's that big-eared shadow again..." she quietly says as the shadow starts to become clearer, showing a short figure with a somewhat circular head with two circular ears on the top of it, reminding her of a...mouse...?

"Is...someone there?" The shadow asks. "Who are you?"

"Angel..." She responds.

The figure stood silently for a while, then put their hands to their hips. "It's got a strange and beautiful ring to it!" They say with a hint of a smile in their tone.

"And...who are you?" She asks, wondering if she could get some answers before the mirror stops glowing.

"I'm Mickey. Mickey Mouse," Mickey responds. "Am I dreaming again? I've had this same dream three times already," he says in thought, but she knew he was talking to her. "There are always living cards and dancing music box, too..." Is he...talking about Heartslabyul? But what's the music box...?  She thinks as she listens to his description. "But your voice gets clearer and clearer every time. Is it possible that you're not a dream? Where are you?"

"Ah, this is..." she starts to say before the mirror starts to dim a bit, signaling that her time was almost up. She looked to the mirror, seeing that the shadow of Mickey was starting to fade as the mirror stops glowing. I need to hurry. "Twisted Wonderland," she says as the mirror turns black, leaving her reflection in front of her. She looks at the mirror, hoping that her words at least reached Mickey before he disappeared. She sighs, knowing that the mirror wouldn't glow again for the night and quietly heads to bed, this time, avoiding Grim's tail as she nestles herself between the covers, thinking about Mickey. How was she able to communicate with him? Will she talk to him again? Why is the mirror glowing in the first place? The questions continue to grow, leaving her more tired as time goes by. In the end, her eyes start to feel heavy as she closes them, quietly falling asleep.

In the distance, a figure watches her sleeping form, clicking his tongue. "It seems she's protected for now," he says as he looks at the dresser in her room, seeing the greeting card she received earlier. "And here I thought he wouldn't be interested in someone like her. No matter. There are ways to get what I want." He looks to the sky and smiles. "Soon, the suffering will end, and either one of us will enjoy the sweet release of death, child. I can't wait to see which one of us will really be the last one standing." He chuckles only for a frown to appear on his face. "Hmph, seems like they want to reason with me. I have nothing to say to people who abandon the truth for their own gains." He looks to Angel. "I hope you choose the right choice when given the option child, or else all this would be for nothing."