🐍 Schemer of the Scalding Sands: Chapter 33 🐍

A/N: HAPPY DAY OF THE DEAD EVERYONE! 💀 Good news everyone! The localization of Book 7 will be released THIS MONTH (Although later!) which means that once I finish Book 6 in the game (hopefully only a few chapters left) I could get started on book 7 but I won't do that until ALL of book 7 is released, so more than likely will be a hiatus of the story or just posting various side stories I had planned. I will add this: if you guys want, if you give me a scenario, I MIGHT be able to make it in a side story, you just need to give me time to let me cook (and those suggestions can be of any characters AT LEAST that we went over so far! For example: if we went over book 4, then it'll only be characters UP TO book 4) Anyway, I do hate to drop this on you guys but book 4 is almost done, however, the games I've said last post is coming soon (one of them is coming tomorrow I'm so excited!😺) so if anyone here would love to remind me of my goal here I would gladly appreciate it! That's a lot I know but everything is planned at least to finish this work by May of 2024 so just bear with me! Thanks a lot guys! (11/1/23)

Also realized that I didn't provide the picture for last chapter! It's there now!

Jamil looks at the group, laughing at them as they try to get their bearings, from dealing with both Jamil and the students to trying help Kalim cope with the betrayal. "I have no need for an incompetent king or a con artist," he states to the two. "Your personality flaws give me ADEQUATE cause to send you packing on a one-way trip to the ends of the earth!" He says as he starts a spell with the students joining in, surprising the six as they release it, hearing rumbling as they feel something moving underneath them, seeing that they were being lifted off the ground, heading towards the ceiling. They look in shock as they blow through the ceiling seeing that that were launched in the air.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" They all scream as they shoot through the sky, heading wherever the spell take them.

Jamil laughs at the sight of them. "SO LONG! MWA HA HA HA HA HA!" He shouts as he watches them disappear in the sky. "EX-Housewarden Kalim! HYAAAAH HA HA HA HA!"

"AAAAAAAAAH!" The six scream as they fly through the clouds in the sky, looking below them to see where they are, only for them to start falling, the sky changing from white to dark as they see the ground approaching. Angel closes her eyes, bracing for impact, feeling the impact of something softish beneath her, breaking her fall. She slowly opened her eyes, seeing the Jade was underneath her, and quickly got off him, seeing that even everyone else fell victim of being each other's cushion from the fall.

"Owww..." Grim groans as he gets up from Azul. "I really can't catch a break around here."

"I'm alive...barely," Angel says as she tries to help Jade up, apologizing for falling on him.

Azul got up and dusted himself off, looking around him. "It would seem he flung us quite some distance."

"Brrr!" Floyd shivers. "It's seriously cold here. It's like we're under the ice floes."

Jade looks to Kalim, seeing that he was laid out. "Kalim? Kalim, are you all right?" He asks, trying to shake him awake. "Please, speak to me."

"Rgh..." Kalim stirs, slowly getting himself up with Jade and Angel's help. "Urgh...Where am I?"

"Good. You're awake," Jade states as they give Kalim space. "I believe we're at the edge of the dimension that contains Scarabia Dorm," he answers.

"Grim is a ball of fur, and we merfolk have some innate cold resistance, but..." Azul look at Kalim and Angel, starting to shiver at the cold. "I fear Angel and Kalim will not last long in this cold."

"We don't have any brooms or carpets to fly out on," Jade sates as he looks at everyone. "What does that leave us for options?"

"It'll be a slog, but walkin's our only way back," Floyd says with a shrug.

"We spent quite a while in flight before we landed. It would take hours- possibly days- to trudge back on foot," Azul states and look at Floyd. "...And I can't take another minute of you with that voice, Floyd," he says as he pulls out the golden scroll from his jacket. "I'm tearing up the contract and annulling it. Back to your old voice."

"Awww, but I liked being all baritone," Floyd says before Azul tears up the contract, disappearing in the air. Floyd clears his throat. "Mm, ah, aaaah," Floyd hums as he tests it, his voice becoming normal. "Yup, all back to normal."

"I'm impressed you're okay with making a contract with Azul and lending him your signature spell as 'collateral,' if I do say so myself," Jade says. "I'd worry about him inventing excuses to hold onto it indefinitely, so I'd never make a contract with him, personally."

"Yeah, I would put that past him," Floyd shrugs. "But I didn't care about getting' my magic back all that much to start with. If I got tired of the voice, I could just change the terms to something else."

"I'm standing right here, for the record," Azul speaks.

The group hear the sound of crying, looking at Kalim quietly sniffling and sobbing. "Jamil...I trusted you..."

"You cryin', little Sea Otter?" Floyd crosses his arms. "Your tears are gonna freeze over, y'know."

"It's all my fault..." Kalim quietly says. "I drove Jamil to the brink without even realizing it. The real Jamil would never do such things!" The five look at each other. "He's a good guy. He's always helping me, giving me a shoulder to lean on, and-"

"Isn't that attitude right there what drove him to the brink?" Angel says as she looks at him.

"What...?" Kalim says.