🐍 Schemer of the Scalding Sands: Chapter 20 🐍

A/N: ITS HALLOWEEN TIME YALL! Which brings me to the question on my mind: aside from the romantic aspect of these creatures, which is the scariest: vampires, werewolves, or zombies? If not any of the provided ones, which ones do you guys think is scary???? 10/7/23

The carpet zooms off through the window, heading closer to the sky and hides among the clouds, the duo looking at the familiar sight of the moon in front of them and the sea of clouds below them. They look to see Scarabia dorm being the size of an ant compared to their position in the sky, and release a sigh of relief, at least enjoying the free air without being in the confines of their room. "WOO-HOO!" Grim cheers at the sky. "We made it! See ya, suckers!" He looks to the dorm then back to the sky. "FREEDOOOOOM!"

Back on the ground, students gathered outside the dorm, hoping to find the duo, only to hear a voice in the sky, looking up and seeing the duo flying away on the carpet. "Ah!" A student exclaims, getting the attention of everyone else. "Look over there- they're riding the housewarden's magic carpet!" They exclaim, letting everyone see the two escape.

"First, they break out, then they rob us? The housewarden will never let us hear the end of it if he finds out!" One student says.

"We have to seize them!" Another student exclaims as they try to chase after them. "Hold it right there, thieves!" They shout, trying to get them to come down.

The two only look down at the group of students chasing after them. "First they imprison us and call us thieves for trying to escape?" Angel says as she looks at the angry stares. "They've got to be insane."

"Nyeh heh heh!" Grim taunts, sticking his tongue out. "If you wanna catch us, try learnin' to fly first!"

"Speaking of flying..." Angel says as she looks at the carpet. "How do you steer this carpet?"

Grim looks at her in confusion. "Steer it?" He looks to the carpet. "Uhhh, I think Kalim took hold of the corner tassels and tugged at 'em like this..." He reaches over the tassels and grabs them, pulling them, only to be surprised at the action. "Myah!" The carpet was surprised with the action and spun around, lowering the two in the air while spinning. "Hey! Less with the 360, more with the fly quickly!" Grim yells as he yanks the tassels, making the carpet spin faster in response, the two getting dizzy. "GYAAAAAH! The world is spinning! Someone make it stooooooop!"

"They're going outside the dorm!" A student exclaims as they see the carpet spinning around the dorm. "After them, quick!" The students follow after the two while the two continue to spin. Grim let go of the tassels, letting the carpet stop spinning, but the problem was that since the carpet was still spinning from the tassels, the two had to hold onto something to not be thrown off. Angel grabbed the edge of the carpet and pulled, making the carpet move, but after being disoriented for so long, the carpet started flying of wherever, flying outside the dorm to the desert, only for Angel to tug it and make it turn around, heading towards the dorm. The two braced for impact as they approach the building, only not to feel it as they fly through the lounge, eventually ending up in the hallways, flying through their pursuers. The students looked at the duo in shock then continued to chase them through the hallways, with Angel guiding the carpet to the best of her abilities as she could, and the carpet only continued to buck around, trying to throw the duo off while trying to fly away from the group of students. Soon enough, the carpet was able to fly out of the main door of the dorm, leading the duo heading towards the mirror, and Angel tried to figure out how to at least slow the carpet down, but when she tugged down on the edges, the carpet only went faster and panic start to become evident as the two see the mirror quickly approaching.

"AAAH! We're gonna crash right into the mirror!" Grim screams as the two close their eyes, heading into the mirror and the students look on in astonishment at their disappearing figures. While continue to fly, the two didn't know that the carpet was flying into another mirror in which after a while, they felt something covering their heads, hearing the sound of crashing around them, only to encounter a rough force, making them fall onto the ground. "MroooOOOooow..." Grim groans as he collects himself from the impact.