👑 The Beautiful Tyrant: Chapter 27 👑

"Strike a pose. Now step, two, three, four. Get down, two three," Vil commands as everyone tries to follow his steps perfectly to the T. Angel and Grim watched on, seeing that that sun was about to set and the fact that everyone aside from Vil and Rook looked absolutely spent at the hours of practice that went on. Even the duo became afraid of Vil for a bit, seeing that even the tiniest mistakes in the performance required everything to start over from the beginning. Good thing I didn't participate to audition. Angel thinks as she sees that Vil was closely watching their movements, scrutinizing his gaze on each person, ready to point out any other mistakes. If I got accepted, I wouldn't have survived this training. "Stop, stop!" Vil shouts and glares as the music ends. "You're completely off-base, Spudling Two."

"Huh?" Deuce says as he sees Vil's eyes on him, making him stop in confusion. "Is Spudling Two...me?"

"Who else would it be?" Vil says exasperatedly.

"Yeah, I'm number one, apparently," Ace mumbles with a sigh.

"You're too focused on your hands," Vil states to him. "You're completely neglecting your feet. And all of your motions are stuff as a board. Do you have a two-by-four tied to your back?"

"S-sorry," Deuce says, reeling in from his criticism.

"You're not much better, Epel," Vil says to him. "You need flexibility for jazz hip-hop."

"But all these girly twisting motions..." Epel says with a sigh. "I don't...want to do those."

"I'm sorry, what was that?" Vil's eyes turned into a glare and the room got heavy all of a sudden. "Are you seriously gendering MOVEMENTS?" He emphasizes with a harsh tone. "What complete and utter gibberish. You sound like a lunatic raving in his sleep. Not that I'd give such drivel a pass even then," he pulls on his ear.

"O-owww!" Epel cries in pain. "Please, not the ear!"

"Since our darling apple seems to be dozing off while it's still light out, I'm helping you to hear more clearly." He lets go off his ear, letting Epel sigh in relief. "Listen- twisted motions only look good when your inner muscles are properly toned. When it comes to attire and dance moves, there is no such thing as 'for boys' or 'for girls.' The whole idea of boys being ashamed of doing effeminate dance moves is so last century. Did you grow up a century ago and then take a time machine to the present? Hm?"

"N-no, sir..."

"Now, now, Vil," Kalim steps in with a smile, hoping to calm things down. "There's no need to get bent out of shape about it. He looks to Epel. "Epel, I know it can be a little embarrassing at first, but just lean into it and exaggerate your motions. That'll make it more fun!"

"Kalim's right," Vil agrees. "There's no beauty to be found in weak-kneed fidgeting."

"Huh?" Kalim asks in confusion. "That wasn't what I meant-"" Jamil quickly covered his mouth, shocking him. "Mmph!"

"Kalim...Shush," Jamil says as he motions his finger to his mouth, and Kalim understood.

"That settles it," Vil says. "Starting tomorrow, you're getting a separate training regimen from the rest of us."

Epel's eyes widen in surprise. "What?"

"You'll be taking ballet lessons alone until I say otherwise."

"Huh? Valet?" Epel asks in confusion. "You mean when you take someone else's vehicle and park it for them?"

"Try to pick up context clues," Vil scolds. "Just your face is soft doesn't mean your brain has to be. I'm referring to the dance performed by ballerinas, of course."