🐍 Schemer of the Scalding Sands: Chapter 12 🐍

The sound of footsteps approaches the two after a series of twist and turns, and though Angel and Grim hoped that there was a chance they lost their trail, it only failed at students were able to capture them, trapping them in an isolated hallway that ended in a dead end. Grim decided to blow his way out, shooting fireballs at the group of students, but it might be because they expected this or the fact that their training paid off that they were able to block them with ease, closing on them. The two could only look on in fear at students as they close in, grabbing them, or in this case Grim who tried to struggle in their grip, and guiding them back to the room, with a student holding Grim's neck and Angel being surrounded by a group of students, eyes on them to try to not escape again. "Settle down and submit quietly, you grey little street rat!" The student that was holding Grim's neck says as Grim only struggles in his restraint.

"Grey, I'll give you, but I ain't no street rat! LEMME GO!" Grim angrily says as he trashes around.

"Argh, stop struggling!" The student says as the group approach the room Angel and Grim came from. A student opened the door, leading the two inside. "Back to your room with you!" The student exclaims as they threw Grim inside and Angel could only walk in, at least happy at the fact that they didn't hold her with restraint and throw her in the room like Grim. She heads towards Grim, trying to see if there was any damage, but luckily, Grim started to get up.

"Now stay inside and don't give us any more trouble!" A student says at the two while Grim only rubs the back of his neck.

"Owww! You don't gotta swing me around by the scruff of my neck!" Grim exclaims in pain. The students only look at the two and start to leave.

"Hm?" A student says as he looks at the door. "Looks like the dorm patrol neglected to lock their room door," he states.

"Hmph," another student groans. "You'd better not forget to do it this time! If the housewarden found out someone got away, can you imagine what he'd do to us?"

"No kidding..." The student says.

The other student only looks at the duo. "Remember, any more funny business and you won't get off so easily next time!" He says as they close the door, with the sound of a lock being added.

Grim runs to the door and hit it with his paws. "HEY! Let me out!" He yells, trying to open the door but fails. "The door ain't budgin'. We've been locked in."

"They're treating us like prisoners," Angel states as she look at her surroundings, looking at the window, seeing that it wouldn't be a good escape route.

"You got that right! I'm gonna have a word or three with Jamil in the morning," Grim states with paws crossed. Suddenly, a thought crossed his mind. "Oh yeah. Angel, you got the headmage's number right? Call him and fill him in on what Scarabia's doin'!"

Angel remembered her phone and pulled it out of her pocket, happy at the fact that when she changed clothes, she remembered to get her phone out of her other clothes. Is this even a good idea...? She thinks as she looks for Crowley's number and press on it, hearing the phone dial for a while, before hearing a click.

"Hello, you've reached Crowley."

"Yo, Headmage!" Grim exclaims as he shouts at her phone. "While you've been out, we've gotten into a whole heap of trouble!

"This phone is presently off for the duration of my tropical vaca-" A sounds was heard. "I mean, my vital investigation. Please leave a message at the tone. I'll respond if I feel so inclined. Aren't I just the kindest?"

"OH COME ON!" Grim shouts in anger. "You literally just started to say 'vacation.' You're not even tryin' to hide it! What's the point of givin' us this lousy number if we can't reach you with it?! You really take the cake, Crowley, you know that?!" The phone beeps, showing that the call has ended. The two only sigh. "Just send a message to Ace and Deuce for now, I guess," Grim says as he starts pace around the room. "Not that they'll be much help anyway..." He mumbles.

Angel looks at her phone, about to send the message when something popped up in her head. "You're no different from them, and yet they have no choice but to take care of you, correct? What's to separate you from a parasite?" The thought comes up, and Angel just hesitates for a moment. I...don't want to be a bother. I've caused them so many problems, they shouldn't have to deal with me during their break. "...I don't think they need to know, Grim," she quietly says.

"Myah?!" Grim looks at her in shock. "And why not?! They said we can contact them if we need help!"

"I mean, you said they wouldn't be much help right now, so they don't need to know about this," Angel explains. "We can do this ourselves! We just need to talk to Jamil, that's it," she says with a slight smile and Grim only thinks for a moment. "Let's just head to bed," she says as she heads over to the bed, at least happy at the fact that the bedding was soft enough to ease her mind. "We can talk to him in the morning and hopefully the whole misunderstanding would be cleared," she says as she lays down in the bed, getting comfortable. Grim sighs and head over to the bed, seeing that her phone was phone was unlocked. He looks to see that she started to drift off, and head over to her phone, sending a message before climbing the bed and heading to sleep.

A/N: Hello everyone. Thank you guys so much for your respects this week and good news: justice was served and now my family is at peace. Anyway, you guys know how I told you at the beginning of book 4 that I was going on vacation and won't be able to post on Wednesday? Well do know that that vacation is this week so I won't be able to post this Wednesday (curse you expensive overseas fees! 😡) so the next chapters will be posted NEXT SATURDAY (9/23/23) instead when I come back. When I come back, I'll be able to start writing again so thanks for holding on and dealing with me. I appreciate you all and I hope to see you guys next weekend! (9/16/23)

Idk what's with the font change. I'm on my phone and it's weird.