✨Side Story 24: A Gift for Crewel✨

One day while waiting for class to start, Angel was looking at a men's catalog, looking through its contents. After talking with Rosaria, she thought it would be a good idea to give Crewel a gift, since it was near the season anyway, and the fact that Angel was very thankful for everything he did for her, from making clothes, advice, helping her adjust, and even just to chat when he had the time. She felt that with all the stuff he gave her, she should give something in return, and while she was looking at the catalog, she thought she might find something to give him, but she sighs and closed to the catalog, seeing that there was nothing she could give him. Knowing Dad, he probably has way better clothes than what's in this... She thinks as she watches her classmates, with Grim of course, talk about whatever. Ace and Deuce couldn't help her out, she needed someone with more logical idea of what to give to someone like Crewel, and since she kept the fact that Crewel was her adoptive dad a secret from them for months, it wouldn't be right to drop it on them that he thought of her as a daughter, and, Seven forbid, they thought that she was getting special treatment for being his daughter. Soon enough, as if the thought came, Crewel came into class, making students scramble to their seats as class begins to start, letting her mind wander as they learn about the history of potionology.

Once lunch arrived, Angel and Grim sat at a table, with Grim happily eating his food and Angel just mulling over a gift to give. "I don't know why ya thinkin' bout this," Grim says as he eats. "Wouldn't he be fine with anythin'?"

"Yeah...but I don't know exactly what to give him," she says as she sighs. "I'm sure he'd like anything from me, but I want it to really mean something, you know."

Grim shrugs. "I'm content with a can of tuna. In fact, I rather have 100 cans of tuna!" He drools, despite having food in his mouth.

"Which is why you're easy to please," Angel comments as she starts eating while Grim continues to eat. "Getting you food is all it takes for you to be happy."

"And you're right about that!" Grim agrees.

Angel giggles as she continues to think about the predicament. I know he likes wine and certain cigars, but I'm too young to buy it. She thinks about the catalog, seeing that there were handkerchiefs in the catalog. A handkerchief maybe...? No, I can't get one, he has so many already... She sighs, stumped on the gift.

"Oh? What's this?" A voice says behind her, and she sees an unlikely quartet of Riddle, Trey, Azul and Jade, housewardens and vice housewardens alike as they look at her. "Something's the matter, Angel?" Azul asks. "You know, as the housewarden of Octavinelle, I am obligated to listen to any concerns you have."

Riddle sighs. "Just ignore him." He takes a seat at the table, with the rest following. "It is unlike you to be dispirited during lunch. Is anything the matter?"

"Ah...uh...Just thinking," she says, mainly confused about the fact that there are together.

"If I may," Jade says, observing her, making her nervous. "Your problems seem to stem from what everyone else might be having around this time of year, correct?" How is he able to guess what I'm thinking...? "If so, could we lend an ear to your problems?" He calmly asks.

Angel thinks for a moment and sighs. "I'm just...wondering to what to get for someone."

"Oh, a gift?" Trey asks. "Well that's nice of you. Got any idea of what to give them?"

"No...I don't think I could give them anything that..." Suddenly, an idea came to her, and she looked at the boys around her. These four were the most logical and mature people she knew, maybe it wouldn't hurt to ask them. "Um...Can I ask you guys a question?"