✨Side Story 22: Respect✨

A/N: This chapter is the explanation of the plan in between Book 3 Chapters 25 and 26. Might add a few more details as we go! 8/19/23

"Alright, lemme try again," Ace says as he points his pen to the apple. "Just need to bring it forward..." He says as he focuses on the apple, and the apple starting to float.

"Gotta be careful there, Ace," Grim smirks as he slowly brings his apple towards him. "Don't want it flyin' off the handle like last time."

"Shut up, Grim, and you're the one that caused that to happen," Ace says as he glances at Grim.

"Careful...Careful...Careful...." Deuce mumbles as the apple only floats towards him, only for the apple to wobble. "Need...absolute.... focus...."

"If anything, we should be afraid of Deucey there, he's goin' to flip out the most," Ace comments, but Deuce overheard.

"I'm not going to flip out!" He shouts, causing the apple to drop. "Gah! And I was so close..."

"Sure you were," Ace says while his apple gets closer. "Shame that Annie and Jack don't have to do this."

"I don't have magic to do this," Angel comments watching the trio perform their control exercise. "And Jack has more control than all of you that he finished before you."

"Still, it ain't fair," Grim says as his apple drops on the ground, making his sigh. "This is too much!"

"Heh, that's what you get, stupid cat," Ace smirks, making Grim angry.

"I ain't a CAT!" Grim shouts, making Ace drop the apple. He look at Grim in annoyance.

"Hey! You made me drop my apple! Why'd you do that?!"

Grim only smirks at him. "Seems like someone didn't have much control of his magic either."

"Oh, I'll show you control you overgrown furball..." Ace says as he points his pen at Grim.

"Bring it on!" Grim says with a smirk as he prepares a fireball.

"Guys, stop!" Deuce says, coming between the three. "Let's not get any other ideas here, and just focus on the exercise."

"Big talk comin' from the guy who dropped his apple first because of his temper," Ace comments, making Deuce mad.

"What did you say?!" Deuce exclaims. Angel only sweat dropped at the three.

"O-okay guys, let's take a step back...please..." Angel pleads as the boys only look at her then sigh. She sighs in relief, happy at the fact that there would be no magic battle, at least for now. "You guys just need to do it again. It's only 20 feet."

"Hmph, fine," Ace says as he focuses on his apple. "Gotta get better than Deucey here anyway."

Deuce growls at the comment. "And I'm not going to let Ace beat me for this."

"Yeesh, these two sure like to compete at every second," Grim says as he looks at the two teens. "But I ain't one to run away from a challenge! I'm in too!" Angel just sighs at them, at least thankful for the fact that a fight didn't break out.

In the distance, Jack was watching the four, with Angel dispelling the fight between the two teens and going back to their exercise. Since he finished earlier than expected, he decided to take a break, watching the trio's control exercise to pass the time, with Angel reading a book to try to help them out, despite not having magic herself. His eyes land to her, seeing that she was giving some advice to help them out, proving to be effective for a while, only for the group to drop their apples, making them frustrated. He sighs at the scene, knowing well enough alone that the three were idiots for failing at something so simple, but his thoughts went towards Angel, a question plaguing his mind. After the Octavinelle event, Jack realized that there was more to the girl than he thought, after all, this girl was the one who called Leona a coward in his face, figured out Azul's signature spell, AND thought a way get out of the contract she had with him. He did have high respect for her, but the question he had was, how in the world did she convince both Leona and Ruggie to help her out? Sure, she practically blackmailed Leona, but there was definitely more to that.