👑 The Beautiful Tyrant: Chapter 18 👑

Angel slowly opened her eyes, seeing the familiar dark place around her. She looks around, hoping to figure out where she was only to be interrupted by the sound of soft crying. Her eyes land on a child, a familiar child she's seen before in her dreams. She tries to slowly approach the child, stopping after a step when she sees the familiar features of the child. She sees that the child was quietly crying, at least trying to be as quiet as possible, sitting on the floor, ignoring her presence, but even she knew that the child wouldn't probably even notice her. She silently stood there, simply watching the child continue to cry, a strange feeling coming over her. She felt...lonely, but for some reason, she can't understand why. Why does looking at this child make her seem so...alone? While she was mulling over, she noticed that someone was approaching the child, a person that seems to an older woman. The woman just smiles at the child and squat down, getting on her eye level and the child notices, lifting her head to look at her. The woman put her hand on her head, rubbing the child's head as he smiles at her. "It's okay, ■■■■■■■■" she carefully says, but Angel couldn't understand the name, seeming a bit muffled. "It'll be fine, I promise it will be," she says as the child continues to cry.

"B-but...." The child sobs. "I-I-I...it's h-hurts, grandma..."

"I'm sure they care about you," the woman says with a smile. "They would never abandon you. No parent will ever abandon their child. Besides, I'm sure I taught them better. When they come back, I'll be sure to give them a stern talking to!" He huffs, making the child laugh a bit. "You want to know a secret?" She asks the child and she nods, curious about the secret. She looks around, making sure no one is around and leans to the child, covering her ear. "Your father and mother are actually scared of me," she whispers, making the child look at her in shock and disbelief. She notices and laughs. "It's true!" When your father used to get into trouble, he would cower in fear at the look I gave him. Said that he felt like a dinosaur was staring at him! Can you believe that? Me, a dinosaur! Ha ha!" She laughs. "When you mother was pregnant with you, she kept saying that she was so nervous and scared about how unprepared she was, so you know what I did? I put her through a training class, and she ran away crying! I remembering your father saying how she couldn't stand to be in the same room as the devil, learning about how to change diapers for 4 hours straight! It's not my fault that I didn't think she was ready until she could change your diapers with her eyes closed, well, until she changed your diaper with the diaper on your head," she says in thought. "That might have been just a slight mistake on my part, but she did good on a real baby."

"She did that...?" The child asks.

"Heh heh, yes, she did," she chuckles. "I remember how you looked so confused at the whole thing, but you just laughed it off, and next thing we know, we were all laughing." She smiles at the memory, and look at the child looking at her in awe, only to realize the situation and give her a sad smile, something that the child couldn't notice. "■■■■■■■■, your parents love you, and I know it's tough, but you got to keep trying. Your love will reach them, I'm sure of it, and if they don't accept it, then you can tell me, and I'll set them straight!"

The child giggles. "Can I tell you everything then, grandma?"

"You can be my little rat," the woman smirks. "Always tell the truth, after all. How about this? I'll take you out for ice cream, and you can tell me every little thing that happened. That sounds fun?"

"Yeah!" The child happily exclaims as she gets up. The woman just chuckles at her enthusiasm and stands up with her.

"Then let's go. I know a place where they can give you the biggest sundaes that's as tall as a giraffe!" The woman says as she holds her hand out, and the child happily takes it and they walk off, leaving Angel behind. She looks at the scene, seeing that they happily walked off in the darkness, having some other conversation she couldn't follow. She looked at where they were, another feeling coming over her. She was...happy. Was that the right word? Not happy, but...elated? No...it wasn't that either. It felt...like it was right, like everything was okay. But...why did she have an uneasy feeling about this? Why did it seem like...something didn't sit right with her. Just as she thought that, her eyes land on something else in the distance, a distant light and she slowly heads there. As she was walking towards the light, she felt her stomach drop, like something was creeping up on her, but the feeling wasn't mutual, almost as if...