👑 The Beautiful Tyrant: Chapter 12 👑

"I just about had a heart attack!" Ace exclaims, looking at the person behind them in shock.

"Who jumps out from behind people like that?!" Deuce exclaims.

"Hah hah hah!" The person chuckles. "Did I startle you? Pardonne-moi," he apologizes. Now that Angel calmed down, she looked at the person in front of them, seeing the main thing that stood out was the big white feather in his wide brown hat. She thinks about Jamil's description, remembering that he said that the person there were looking for had a blond bob and brown hat, making her look at the person in front of her, knowing that Jamil's description only fell flat. The person in front of them had a blond bob, but it fit his face perfectly, and his sharp green eyes could rival Leona's eyes, watching their every movement, as if he was a hunter watching his prey closely. His appearance was nothing to ignore, seeing that he looked neat, yet prepared for anything that might come his way, not really expecting a uniform to give off a feel of elegance until she met him. His posture was straight, yet calculating, and his body motions were smooth, not a hint of hesitation. "I'm simply too accustomed to concealing my presence as I make my approach. I am Rook Hunt, le Chasseur d'Amour. My life's work is to seek out beauty and support it. Pleased to make your acquaintance," he introduces himself with a bow.

Leona clicks his tongue at the sudden appearance, a glare towards him. "Tch. Speak of the weirdo and he shall appear."

"Good day, Roi des Lions," Rook greets him. "But what is this? Monsieur Dent-de-Lion does not appear to be accompanying you for your lunch break."

"He ain't with me twenty-four seven," Leona states. "Now get lost and take these herbivores with you."

Deuce thinks for a moment. "Who's Monsieur, uhhh...Dandelion?" He curiously asks.

"Heh heh heh," Rook chuckles. "That would of course refer to the Roi des Lions' confidante, Ruggie," he answers.

"Why do you call him that?" Grim asks. "'Cause he's got a poofy head of yellow hair?"

"Non, non. It's for another reason," Rook answers. "It happened last spring...Just as the first beautiful signs of the season began blooming around campus," he recalls.

Ruggie was walking in the sports field, looking around for something, only to widen his eyes with a smile as he sees the field of dandelions in front of him. He approaches the field, smiling at the amount of dandelions in front of him. "Great, there's plenty of 'em here," he says as he croutches down to get a closer looks, seeing that they were ripe for the picking. "Now to pick 'em before they turn into seedheads," he says as he starts picking at them.

"Bonjour, Monsieur!" Rook happily greets right behind Ruggie.

"Whoa!" Ruggie jumps out in shock, dropping the flowers and turning around to see Rook smiling at him. "What do you want, buddy?!" He asks defensively.

"I beg your pardon for the interruption," Rook apologizes. "I am Rook Hunt, of Pomefiore," he introduces and then look pass Ruggie, seeing the fallen dandelions behind him. "You were doing something fascinating, and I just had to drop by."

Ruggie eyes him suspiciously. "I'm literally just picking dandelions, but okay," he says cautiously as he continues to gathering the dandelions. Rook only watch in interest as Ruggie checks each one, leaving some alone while gathering others instead.

"To what end are you gathering so many?" He asks.

"Isn't it obvious? I'm gonna eat 'em," Ruggie casually answers as he picks one up.

"What?!" Rook asks in bafflement.

"You can make them into salads, saute them, use them for tea..." Ruggie lists. "And more to the point, you can find 'em anywhere and pick 'em for free!" He smirks. "They're perfect for a broke joke like me. Not that you probably have any idea what it's like to be penniless. My food budget's tight this month, so I've gotta subsist on something. On that note," Ruggie looks at Rook looking at him with newfound interest, "no time for chitchat. Free to move on and get out of my hair now."