🐍 Schemer of the Scalding Sands: Chapter 21 🐍

After dealing with the Scarabia students, which was apparently physical violence from Floyd's squeezing and Jade's sly techniques using spells, the Scarabia students looked even more spent that usual, trying to keep their intimidation up, but seeing how the twins were able to handle them so easily without breaking a sweat, they flinch at their looks, looking tired. "Argh..." A student groans. "Retreat for now!" He commands, with everyone slowly nodding and walking away, trying to get away from the twins as fast as possible.

"You haven't seen the last of us!" One student exclaims as they leave, the group of students scurrying away from the twins.

Floyd and Jade look at the group with an amused expression. "Go on and scatter, you bunch of minnows! Aha ha!" Floyd laughs.

"We'll be eagerly awaiting your next visit to our lounge," Jade says as the students leave.

Once the door closed, Angel and Grim finally relaxes. "Mya-HAH!" Grim laughs at the door. "We did it! You see that?! That's what you get, you buncha jerks!"

"I do hate to rain on your parade, but..." Azul says as he approaches the two. "I'm afraid we'll have to bill you for repair fees for the tables and chairs damaged in that fight," he states. "Not to mention our own labor rates, since we were dragged into this affair."

The statement baffles the two. "WHAT?! You're chargin' us for that?!" Grim says in shock.

"Surely it's a small price to pay for us recusing you from the inky depths of peril?" Azul asks with a smile. "Unless another method could work?" He asks Angel who sighs.

"I knew your benevolence could go so far," she says to him and he only chuckles.

Grim groans. "First we get dragged into a bunch of Scarabian infighting, now this...I swear there ain't a decent guy in this whole school!"

The statement gets Azul's attention. "...I'm sorry, come again?" He speaks. "What's this about Scarabian infighting?" He curiously asks.

"So here's the deal..." Angel says as she and Grim explains the situation about the situation in Scarabia. The trio listens to their story, thinking about the situation.

"The housewarden of Scarabia is acting out of control, you say?" Azul asks as they finish.

"Yeah!" Grim angrily answers. "Kalim's runnin' all his dormmates through the wringer every day, nonstop."

The statement shocks the three. "I wouldn't have expected that from Kalim, of all people," Azul skeptically says.

"I never knew the little Sea Otter had it in him," Floyd says in shock.

"He's never given me that impression, either," Jade states.

"Vice Housewarden Jamil's got his hands full tryin' to deal with it," Grim says as he crosses his paws, thinking about him. "He's a decent guy, which is pretty rare for this school. I feel kinda bad for him. And we can't even reach the headmage in the middle of all this mess! That Crowley, I swear..." He mumbles.

"..." Azul hums, pushing his glasses up in thought.

"Azul, you're in Jamil's class, right?" Jade asks.

"Yes," he answers. "We also share a number of electives. Our paths are wont to cross often. Grim might be right when he says that Jamil is a rarity in this school." He closes his eyes in thought. "He's...demure and poised, you might say. He hardly ever ventures opinions of his own."

"Yeah. I'm in the Basketball Club with Sea Snake, and he pretty much plays like a goody-goody," Floyd adds. "I never pay much attention to other dorms to start with, so I had no idea he was vice housewarden for Scarabia."

"And now we know he's having trouble dealing with his housewarden's antics. Hrm..." Azul says in thought. He smiles. "It sounds like I should come to their aid."

"Wha?" Grim asks skeptically. "Did you hit your head or somethin' when I wasn't lookin'?"

"Why, I never," Azul says with feigned surprise. "I'll have you know that the last incident and Angel here forced me to reflect on my greed. I came out of it a changed man," he says with a smile. "Moving forward, I've decided to contribute to the school as a whole, in honor of the Sea Witch's spirit of benevolence." The duo look at him in doubt. "Now that Scarabia is faced with a crisis and my very own classmate is in need of help..." He smirks. "I can hardly ignore them in their time of need."

"Ooooh?" Floyd says in interest, a smirk appearing on his face.

"Oh-ho," Jade says with a smirk, interested in the thought as well.

"It's just as well- I tire of picking at the same turkey dinner alongside the same faces every year," Azul says with a shrug. "Why don't we pay Scarabia a visit tomorrow?" He asks the duo.

"Seriously?!" Grim exclaims. "We just broke outta that prison and you want us to march back in? Count me out."

"C'mon, Sealie-o, don't be like that," Floyd says with a smile.

"Have some faith in Azul. I'm sure he'll make this a holiday to remember," Jade states with a smile.

"It would be rude to visit empty-handed, of course," Azul says with a smile. "Jade. Floyd. Don't forget to wrap up our gifts."

"Yes, sir / Yes, SIR!" Jade and Floyd respectively says. "Heh heh heh..." They chuckle as they head towards the lounge, leaving the three alone.

"I could certainly think of worse ways to spend winter break than in a sweltering desert," Azul says. "I can already tell this is going to be positively delightful. Heh heh heh..." he chuckles as he look at the two. The two shiver at the chuckle. I have a bad feeling about this...