🐍 Schemer of the Scalding Sands: Chapter 29 🐍

"Yes!" I think I managed to memorize a spell I was having trouble with!" Kalim happily exclaims as he repeats the spell. Azul looks at him with a smile while Jamil watch the two with a slight glare. Angel noticed, seeing something move around him and give out a slight gasp, seeing that the faint mist started to surround him, but only faint. She looked at him for a moment, only to get back to the plan at hand.

"Say, Jamil," she calls out, getting his attention. "Can you help me with my potionology homework? I'm quite stuck with it."

"I don't know why you're asking me," he says.

"Well, I mean, you're a year older than me, and I'm sure you can help me out," she quickly says. "It's just this problem right here..." She points and Jamil looks at it for a moment, hesitating.

"Ah, I see," he says as he mulls over the problem. She looked over to the Azul, giving her an approving look without Jamil's noticing and continues with tutoring Kalim. Got to keep him distracted at least.

"Proper exercise is critical to honing a more efficient mind for study," Azul says as everyone waits further instruction. "However, overstraining yourself will have an adverse effect."

"Mock battles are a good way to exercise while venting stress," Jade adds.

"Aha ha! I'm in the mood to cut loose, so count me in!" Floyd happily says while looking at the students. "Hmmmm, who to fight?"

"All right, split into teams of five and let the melee begin!" Kalim instructs and everyone follows, getting into groups of five and starting their battles.

"Aha ha! Mock battles really are fun, and they're a great way to gauge the results of your training," Kalim happily exclaims.

"Yes, Housewarden!" Everyone happily agree. Jamil looked at the sight and sighed.

"There's one main reason we've grown as well as we have," Azul says to the students cooking with a smile. "And that would be...our diet, of course! It's about getting the nutrients you need- not too many and not too few. This helps your afternoon performance."

"Cooking is an essential life skill for gaining an understanding of food and developing a healthy diet," Jade adds.

Kalim thinks for a moment. "Maybe I should start cooking every now and then...I wouldn't have to worry about poison if I prepared meals myself."

"Don't," Jamil interjects. "You'll injure yourself again."

"Okay, Sea Otter," Floyd says, ignoring Jamil. "You're in charge of stirrin' the pot."

"Keep an eye on that soup and make sure it doesn't boil over, would you?" Jade says.

"Sure thing! Glad to help," Kalim happily agrees.

"L'il Jellyfishy," Floyd calls out. "You can cut the vegetables and help out with the other students, 'kay?" Angel nods.

"All right, everyone. Let's make this a meal to remember," Jade says with a smile.

"Yes, sir!" The students respond, heading to their stations to start lunch, with Kalim and the trio heading towards the pot to assist him.

Kalim looked to the pot and gave it a determined look. "Okay, I'm going to make the best-tasting soup ever!" He proudly exclaims.

Jamil looks at the group. "I worry about having you cook on your own. I'll help."

"No need to fret, Jamil," Azul says, making Jamil take a step back. "We will aid him."

"You just sit back and relax," Jade says as Angel brings him some chopped vegetables, putting them in the pot. "We will make sure Kalim is perfectly fine, after all."