🐍 Schemer of the Scalding Sands: Chapter 32 🐍

A/N: This was the chapter I had trouble writing before (took me a whole week to try my best and write it well). I'm going to try and continue writing other chapters so book 4 will be finished by mid-November before the holidays (gonna travel to see family, won't be able to write then!), and the fact that Hogwarts Legacy is going to be on the switch by the 14th so most of my time is going towards the many games comings out (My Time at Sandrock on the 2nd, Spells and Secrets  on the 9th, and Hogwarts on the 14th) so bare with me! Side stories will hopefully be released in December! And before I forget: HAVE A HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!! 👻🧡🖤 (10/28/23)

The students groan as spells are thrown towards the six, but Azul, Floyd, and Jade quickly deflect them, sending them back to the students, falling victim to their own spells. As much as the trio wanted to use their full power, they were reminded that the students are victims as well, trying their best to minimize the damage, only for more students to attack them as they knock them out. Angel looked at Kalim, seeing that he was looking at Jamil, tears in his eyes trying to plead with him. With the students under Jamil's hypnosis, the students kept getting up, closing in on the six while the trio and Grim continue to handle them. "Incredible," Azul says as he sees a group of students sending spells at them and another group summoning items to be thrown at them. "He's controlling all these targets at the same time AND making them do separate things!" He was able to deflect a spell just in time by summoning a shield, the spell bouncing off to a wall. "Mediocre, nothing. He's easily one of the top magicians in the entire school, to say nothing of Scarabia!"

Floyd get's close to a student and sneak up behind them, putting them in a headlock, keeping it until they pass out. He spots another student shooting a spell from the corner of his eye and dodges it, sending a spell at them instead, knocking the student out. The student he snuck up on before slowly starts to get up, heading towards him while Floyd clicks his tongue in annoyance. "I keep squeezin' em but they keep getting back up. Are they zombies or what?"

"Jamil, please, just stop!" Kalim pleads. "You can have what you want! You can be housewarden! I'll go home to my family!"

Jamil scoffs at the pleading. "What? You thought that would work?" He asks coldly. "My spell won't be broken so easily...Not as long as you exist in this world, Kalim!" He shouts. The spell starts to get stronger, making the students groan in pain more as they continue to stand up, obeying Jamil's command, no matter what. The pain in Angel's head start to become more intense, having no choice but to kneel on the floor, seeing that the shadow was about to fully engulf Jamil.

The five look at the scene around them, seeing that no matter what they do, the students don't break out of hypnosis. "Jamil, you're courting danger!" Jade yells as he looks at Jamil. "If you keep using your signature spell like this, you'll exceed your blot tolerance level and-"

"Shut up!" Jamil interrupts. "Don't you order me around! I'm through following others' orders! I'm going...TO BE FREE!" He declares. The declaration makes Angel scream in pain, the pain starting to overtake her as she hears the familiar words of the Dark Mirror.

Freedom they desire, but yearning for power lead and they fall. One soul of a manservant seeks for freedom, but the power of greed cages them whole.

The once maroon gen that she saw as Jamil, turned black, making her fall unconscious.

"MYAH!" Grim exclaims as he looks at Angel. "She fell unconscious!"

"So that's how she did it," Jade says as he looks at her then looked at Jamil, everyone following his sight to see that Jamil has changed. Instead of his dorm uniform, Jamil was wearing what seemed to be a black robe that reached his feet, and gold beads dangling from chest, covered with a red cape that reached to his feet. Around his neck was a type of black collar, and around his shoulders was what looks to be ink flowing around his arms. He opened his eyes, his right glowing bright red as appendages that look like snakes emerge from the black turban on his head, staring at the five intently as they slither around him. If that wasn't enough, behind him was the most shocking part of all, seeing that a figure with arms and a head with a dome of glass was behind him, just like the others. The five look around, seeing that the hallways have changed, seeing black smoke surround them and students, while the students look at the five, awaiting other commands from Jamil. He looks at the five with a smile, seeing the look of fear on their faces as they gaze upon him.