👑 The Beautiful Tyrant: Chapter 11 👑

Three days later, the six were in the gymnasium practicing their moves, with Angel provided the rhythm and stopping when needed. During one of their breaks, they noticed that the gym seems fuller than usual, seeing groups of students dancing, chatting, and watching videos to improve their dancing. "I've been seeing a lotta dudes rehearsing the audition number in the gym over lunch break," Ace says as he takes a sip of water. He noticed that some of them were watching them, more specifically the female member in the group, happily talking to Kalim about something in the video. He noticed that some of their moves were flashier and more extravagant, mainly as a ploy to get Angel's attention and he sent a glare at them, making them flinch and try to focus on their own dances.

"Those chumps better not be after the prize," Grim says as he looks around, giving the students a side eye glare. "Nobody takes my tuna!"

"I suspect more of them are after a potential pro debut than prize money," Jamil states as he sees that some students are focusing intently on their postures and steps, trying to match the steps as perfectly as possible.

"Now that you mention it," Deuce says as he looks at some of the students perfectly dancing, most of the groups seeming to be in sync with the others and blocking out any distractions, even ignoring the other groups around them, yet also being cautious about invading their space. "They do all seem like they're in their element."

"Don't let them intimidate you," Jamil assures him. "You've also made great strides with your singing ability. It's a far cry when you started out sounding like a panicked elephant."

"Mm-hm!" Kalim happily agreed. "You've also gotten better at holding a note. Vocal training isn't easy, and you put in the work. You all deserve a pat on the back." The compliment makes the three confident. "Now, let's get back to it. Today, we'll focus on doing the whole thing from start to finish!"

"Yes, sir!" They collectively say as they start to get into position. Jamil nodded at Angel and she started the music. Once the first note started to fill the room, or at this case the space where the group was, everyone got into position.

"Now, let's see how far you've come," Jamil says to the three. "Try to follow me and Kalim as much as you can."

Ace glances at Deuce and smirks. "Don't you dare mess up today, Deucey-boy," he teases.

"I know," Deuce says determinedly. "I'll show them everything I've learned!"

"There you go getting all serious again. You gotta loosen up and have fun!" Kalim states as the main beat starts to play and everyone started to dance. From what Angel could see, Ace, Deuce, and even Grim, had a major improvement from three days ago thanks to Jamil's training. With Kalim and Jamil being a comparison, it was still a far cry from their level, but compared to the first time she watched them, they matched their rhythm with ease, stumbling just a bit on the way, but still following their pace. Their voices became better, closely harmonizing with Kalim and Jamil, but still making accidental pitches every now and then, mainly because of fatigue, but they kept up, not lowering their voice or shying away from their mistakes. She even noticed that their movements were more flexible than the first time, seeing that they seemed a bit more relaxed as they dance, though Deuce still had some problems, but was better than the first time, seeing that he at least got the placement of steps right and the hand movement, but still felt a little stiff. For Grim, she noticed that he still matched the rhythm, however, with his attention, he started doing whatever moves he wanted, putting a spin on the routine. After a while, the music ends and the five stop, panting from the dancing.

"Wow!" Kalim says in awe as he looks at the freshmen. "You guys have really improved. Nice! Hey, I know. Why not try adding something like this, too?" Kalim says as he falls backwards to the floor, using his arms to push himself back up, and raising his feet as he shifts from one foot to the other as he pushes himself up. After a while he stood back up, smiling at the freshmen, looking at him in awe.