31 : I love him

— N o o r ' s  P O V  𖤐

Destiny played such a dirty game with us.

Why ? why out of all my bhaijaan has to be Amal's boyfriend ? Just why ?

I was mindlessly walking in the university lawn. I left bhaijaan in the cafe earlier and walked till university. I needed time to think. I needed fresh air. I felt suffocated.

I know what bhaijaan did was so wrong. He shouldn't have bet like that on Amal. But later he realised his mistake and is even guilty for that. Amal's death was an accident.

One part of me was favouring bhaijaan and other was very angry and disappointed at him.
How could he ? How can he play with someone's feelings like that ?

But again he grew up without any parental guidance and in bad influence of his friends he did all this. He was very guilty. I could tell that. The way his eyes held pain, showed clearly that he was regretting whatever he did.

I was in a dilemma now. Should I tell Addin ? I knew about Addin's anger issues very well. What if he tries harming bhaijaan— noo I can't let that happen, I met him after so long, I can't let anything happen to my bhaijaan. I can't lose him. I knew i sounded selfish here but I couldn't help it.

I felt a pang in my heart realising that how much Addin loves his sister and when he'll know that she is no more, how badly he'll be broken . I couldn't imagine how much pain he'll go through after knowing that his hope of Amal being alive is shattered.

Allah please help me ! I don't know what should I do ? I can't understand what is right and what is wrong. I can't understand anything. One side there's my brother and other side there's Addin. I can't choose. please help me Allah.

I prayed silently shutting my eyes.

Suddenly Addin's voice caught my attention.

I open my eyes to see Addin standing infront of me.

" Where were you ? You are late for the university you know. How did you come? You could have called me, I would have come to pick you up." He was saying and I was just looking at him. I could hear his words but couldn't comprehend anything what he was saying. My mind playing bhaijaan's words. 'The truck hit her harshly and she laid in the pool of blood on the road.'

"Noor ? Noor Are you listening ?" Addin spoke out waving his palm infront of me.

I blinked as tears collected in my eyes.

I hugged him tightly, catching him off guard by my sudden action. He stumbled back a little with the harsh force I applied while hugging him.

I shut my eyes tightly and busted into cries, tightening my arms around his neck, I choked out " I'm...I'm so...I'm so sorry "

I don't know I just felt like i should apologise to him.

He wrapped his one arm around my waist instantly and his another hand rested over my head.

" hey, what happened? Are you okay ? " he asked softly and tried pulling back from the hug but I didn't let him and tightened my hold more on him, snuggling into his neck.

" I'm ...so sorry! I– " I tried saying while hiccuping in between, but choked and cried loudly some more while shutting my eyes. My whole body shaking in his arms.

" hushhh, calm down babie ! Please don't cry like this, you are making me worried ! Tell me what happened ? " he asked slowly patting my head.

" let me hug you...for sometime....please." I hiccuped out, my arms tightening around his neck more and nose nuzzling deep into his neck.