35 : Forcefully mine

— N o o r ' s  P O V  𖤐

We were in Ammi's room, she was seated on the edge of the bed. I was pacing around the room back and forth.

" Ammi you didn't even bother asking me for once? " I hissed out, holding my forehead.

" but I just proposed the idea to Nafisa, I really didn't knew that she would announced it infront of everyone like that, trust me baccha. " ammi replied.

" Ammi yaar ! but still why did you even proposed such a absurd idea to Nafisa aunty? " I winced out, sitting on my knees infront of ammi and slumping my shoulders down.

Nafisa aunty's announcement left me surprise would be an understatement.

I was in utter shock, it took me one whole minute to comprehend what she said.

Rahil too looked beyond shocked, as if he expected anything but this. Probably he too was now talking to his mother about all this.

Earlier from the corner of my eyes I saw certain someone fuming in anger visibly. His eyes were fixed on me the moment Nafisa aunty completed saying.

His gaze pierced through me like a fiery dragger thrown upon me through them. The heat of his gaze was so much as if he could ignite the very air around us.

The way he dashed out of the house like a raging beast who is ready to unleash on anyone made it clear that He was very mad.

Did he think that all this is happening with my consent?

Stupid noor! why does it even bother you?

so what if he thinks like that? why do you even care?

He can think whatever he wants to and you don't have to ponder about that. And he is probably all the time angry so yeah whatever.

" It's not a absurd idea Noor !! I like Rahil for you. He is such sweet and sorted boy. He is the perfect match for you. " Ammi's voice pulled me out of my trance.

" I know ammi, he is really nice person but I don't wanna marry him I mean I don't wanna marry anyone please." I told her, pleading with my puppy eyes.

Ammi sighed heavily and palmed one of my cheeks.

" guddiya, You still not over him I can see that–"

[ guddiya : doll ]

Ammi started but immediately got cut off by me saying. " No it's really not about him. I told you earlier ryt I'm over him. I—" I didn't know what to say further.

I mean I myself didn't know that why was I refusing to marry Rahil. Just because I didn't wanted to marry anyone? But for how long? I myself didn't knew the answer.

Back then when I fell in love with Addin, the very silly part of me thought that he will be the one I'll be marrying someday.

And when I thought that I'm over him, when I thought that he don't effect me anymore,
The moment I saw him today everything seemed a lie to me. Because even after all this I couldn't make my stupid heart understand that Addin is never going to be my groom.

" We are here for Najma's wedding ryt so let's just attend it and go back. " I whispered slowly and placed my head on ammi's lap.

A tear slipped from the corner of my eyes and I fisted my palm on ammi's clothes.

" Please Ammijaan." I mumbled shakily.

Ammi patted my head and kissed my hair softly muttering a 'okay'