Bonus chp - 1

11 months later :

— N o o r ' s  P O V 𖤐

I paced back and forth in my room, chewing on my lower lip, my heart beating at an insane level.

"Noor bacchay, This is such wonderful news! Why are you so stressed?" I heard my ammi say who was sitting on the bed.

She had arrived from Pakistan just a week ago, and was staying with me and Addin.

I skipped university today because I wasn't feeling well and this morning I discovered the 'great news'

I was pregnant ! 2 weeks pregnant! i couldn't explain the feeling I felt, knowing a little life is growing inside you, this was something indescribable, a feeling that words can't capture, a feeling which is mix of emotions. I felt overwhelmed.

My heart felt heavy and my eyes welled up with tears as I shared the news with ammi.

I was feeling sick since past few days and Addin kept insisting that we should go and get myself checked. But I didn't wanted to bother him because he was super busy with his work as there was some big deal going on and I didn't wanted to add to his stress. So I told him that it was nothing and just that university was draining me out.

Today when I informed him that I'm skipping the university because I wasn't feeling well, Addin declared that he too will take a day off and we will visit the doctor. But I managed to convince him by assuring that I'll be fine and moreover Ammi was there to take care of me.

He went to office by making me promise that I will have to visit doctor when he gets back in evening.

When I told ammi, she was Beyond happy! She kissed my whole face and hugged me tightly, crying. Her reaction was filled with so much joy and love. She excitedly chirped it to Nafisa aunty and Rashid uncle but I told her that I'll tell Najma myself.

Najma delivered a very cute babie boy, Ibrahim. The babie was 2 months old. Everyone were so happy! Specially Irfan, his reaction was priceless. I couldn't help but wonder, how will Addin react when he will become father?

As soon as i discovered the news, i was hella excited to tell Addin about it, excited to know his reaction. But now, anxiety consumed me. Negative thoughts filled my mind.

What if he didn't wanted a child this soon?

What if he isn't ready for the child?

Ammi gently grasped my wrist, halting my steps and softly guided me to sit beside her.

Cupping my cheeks, she planted a soft kiss on my forehead.

" Gudiya " she said softly, her voice filled with concern.

" you shouldn't be taking so much stress in this condition! And what's bothering you so much? tell me! " I nervously moistened my dry lips, swallowing hard before finally speaking.

" Ammi...what if.. what if Addin isn't ready for the child? what if he thinks that it's too soon? "

A warm smile spread across her lips, and she squeezed my cheeks with her open palms.