12

Seungmin slowly lifted his head up and met Haneul's gaze. She chuckled and sat down in front of him.

He stared at her for seconds. He can't read her eyes. He didn't know if she was upset and disappointed in him too just like the rest.

He opened his mouth but he couldn't say anything. He wanted to tell her that all that was not true.

She gave him a smile and he relaxed. He felt at ease. The feeling of comfort and warmth after feeling suffocated for days was overwhelming.

He broke down crying heavily again, his body fell down to her as he cried on her lap.

"I d-didn't d-do it." He managed to croak out, he was stammering. He could not say a word clearly but Haneul managed to understand what he said.

She hummed while she ran her fingers through his hair to soothe him.

"Calm down. I know you didn't." She said softly.

"They're all sick. She's such a--" he can't even finish his sentence, he was broken at this point.

"Breathe for a moment, okay?" She said and patted his back.

She let him cry on her lap till he felt a little better.

"You should get some rest." She whispered.

She dragged him onto his bed, he wanted to make him some porridge. It might make him feel better.

She was about to leave but he held her tight.

"Please don't leave." He cried out, he pulled Haneul towards him and hugged her waist tight.

Haneul never saw Seungmin like this, it was new to her. She pitied the young lad going through all of this alone.

He cried on her shoulder and eventually fell asleep.

While he slept soundly, She slowly got up and went to his kitchen. She knew her way around his apartment for some reason.

She hummed to a lullaby, 'lavender's blue' while she prepared his porridge. The reason why she do this for Seungmin was unclear for both of them. She doesn't know why she feels the need to protect him and give him a taste of life. How living should not feel like prison. Why should one enjoy their life, and not take things so seriously. She's been in that position before. She wasted years feeling imprisoned. It was not a great experience. The help she got made things worse.

She stared at his living room and tidied his bookshelf. There were a lot of books lying around the place.

Since the food was done, she decided to clean his place up.

As surprising as it sounds, Haneul finds cleaning therapeutic. It's a way for her to clear up her mind. She opened the windows of his apartment and stared at the light blue sky. She smiled and took a deep breath.

The world is a beautiful place, the people are those who taints it.

People are the ones who make it a horrible place for others. Hence why some decide to leave.

Those are exactly the type of people she hates. The ones who disregard everyone else around them.

 The ones who disregard everyone else around them