24

Seungmin tried to visit Haneul at the hospital but she refused to see him. She didn't want him in her sight. She was still mad, she can still taste the bitter taste of betrayal he had left her with.

He was hurt by the thought of Haneul mad at him and not wanting to see him. But he understands her, he was willing to wait till her head cools down.

Haneul thought Seungmin would be different. That she wouldn't see her that way, he wouldn't think she was crazy. But again, she thought wrong.

Everyone was just the same. They were all traitors.

Everyday, Seungmin comes to check if she's doing well but she doesn't want to even look at him.

The nurses keep on giving Seungmin updates about her. She's still not speaking to anyone.

He was starting to doubt himself, did he even do the right thing? Will this really help Haneul?

He remembered the family members written in her information. He wanted to know more about Haneul because it turns out that he knows nothing about her.

He took his phone out of his pocket and tried to contact her mother's phone number but it was out of reach.

Same goes for her father and her brother. They must've changed their phone numbers over time. The last contact number he remember is her guardian's number. It took quite a long time but she heard a voice of an old woman.

"Hello?" The voice was weak, it sounded sweet.

"Hello ma'am? Is this Lee Haneul's guardian?" He asked, the other line got quiet and he heard a sigh.

"Yes, may i know who this is?" She confirmed his question and asked for his name.

"This is..." He didn't know how to introduce himself. "I just want to know more about her." He was aware how stupid his reason sound and she'll probably drop the call.

"I'll send you my address, let's talk in person." She said. With that, the call ended and he received a message after.

He decided to go alone. He let his manager know that he will be heading out for a bit. He was anxious while driving to the given address.

He ended up at an old cabin. It seems homey but too deep in the woods.

He parked his car outside and made his way to the door.

He took a deep breath and knocked three times.

A man not much older than him answered the door. The man raised a brow at him,

"Who are you?" He asked.

Did he go to the wrong address? Or did the woman gave her the wrong address on purpose?

"Oh, I'm here for Mrs. Ha-rin, Lee Haneul's guardian." He answered.

"Grandma! Someone's here for you." He informed, "come in." He was still eyeing Seungmin weirdly but stepped aside to let him inside.

Seungmin thanked him and set foot in the house,

"Lee Minho." The guy introduced himself, he must be her brother. They do quite resemble each other.

"Hello there, come in." Mrs. Ha-rin beckoned him to sit down. She placed a cup of coffee and a peanut butter sandwich in front of him. "This is Haneul's favorite snack when she was still a kid." She chuckled, he felt a hint of sadness in her tone.

"Thank you so much. I'm Kim Seungmin by the way. I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Haneul's friend." He said politely. Minho had his doubts, but he shrugged them off.

She smiled at him and sat down at the couch.

"So what do you want to know about my grand daughter?" She asked, Lee Minho stood by the door way watching the two have a talk. He was curious about why this fella is interested about Haneul's life.