23

"Haneul..." He whispered, "do you trust me?" He asked while sobbing.

"I do..." In fact, Haneul did trust him with her life.

"Will you meet me at the pier, let's watch the waves together..." He smiled and lifted her chin up. He patted her head and wiped her tears away. "Tomorrow okay? Around 5:30 pm." He added.

Haneul had a bad hunch about it. She feels like something bad will happen. Yet, she agreed to meet him there. She trusts him enough.

The next day she arrived at the pier and he was already there. He looks so dreamy standing by the railing. He was for sure the most beautiful man she ever saw. She couldn't help but smile at the sight.

She completely disregarded the bad hunch and walked towards him. Seungmin gave her a smile and greeted her with open arms for a hug.

Seungmin was in awe by the sight. Haneul wore a blue sunday dress. She looked so pure. Who would've thought she has done a long list of crimes?

"Haneul, you trust me right?" He leaned in and whispered on her ear. She nodded and pressed her lips together. Seungmin placed a kiss on her forehead. "I love you, and i want to help you." He said. Haneul had tears running down her cheeks knowing what he meant by that.

Seungmin had betrayed her. Just like everyone else.

Like her mother.

"I don't need you to save me..." Haneul said, "let's run away together please." She begged. Seungmin teared up. As nuch as he wanted to, he thought Haneul was still not in the right mind, she might not be thinking straight. Or maybe she's just using him to get away. Who knows?

A second later and she heard the sound of police sirens. She balled her hands to a fist and tried to push Seungmin away but he hugged her tight as he sobbed.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He kept repeating.

"Why, just why?" She muttered.

She felt the hands of police men wrap around her arm and she was handcuffed. She stared at Seungmin while she was being dragged away. She felt betrayed, she felt like an idiot for trusting him.

Was this her karma? But she didn't do anything for personal gain. She used her strength to punish those who mistreat others.

But i guess my ways are wrong, they were right all along. I am indeed a bad person. I am a monster.

Seungmin couldn't look at her in the eye while she was being dragged away. Was this really for the best?

-- Flashback --

"I don't know Han, what should i do?" He asked Jisung.

"Turn her in." Han suggested. "If she can be sent back to a mental hospital she might recover. You will be able to help her." Han further explained.

"Wouldn't that feel like i just betrayed her?" He asked.

"Afer she receive the help, she'll understand and thank you." Han reassured.

He slowly nodded his head agreeing with what Han said.

He wanted Haneul to recover, He wanted to help her.

-- End of flashback --

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2Rsz0IeLMFBa21a2X9ShKU?si=ra7Ykik2SNqv8bla-fCg2w