22

When they got back to the company, Han bid goodbye and told him to stay safe at all costs. Seungmin locked himself inside his room.

He wanted to confront Haneul but he was also scared to face her. What if she's not who he thought she was?

He sat at the edge of his bed and hung his head low. He heard the lock on his door knob clicked. His breathing stoped, he saw this coming but still can't help to be scared.

Haneul entered his room and didn't utter a single word. She stared at Seungmin who didn't even bother to look up.

She smiled bitterly, aware that Seungmin found out. She heard Han and Seungmin's conversation while they were here. This was bound to happen anyway...

"I'm guessing you found out..." She muttered. Even tho it was almost a whisper, Seungmin heard it clearly since the room was dead silent.

"Are those true?" He asked the obvious referring to the criminal record he saw.

"It's an official record, so i guess it is." She answered.

"Were you the one who leaked BM's company files?" He asked and stood up to face her.

"Yes I am." She responded with no hesitation,

"Did you hack through our company's security system?" Seungmin took a step forward towards Haneul.

"Yes I did." She answered truthfully. Not breaking eye contact with him

"Did you install spyware on my devices?" His voice faltered as he took another step forward.

"Yes I did." She kept on staring at him dead in the eye. His breathing hitched,

There were no emotions in her words. Her tone didn't even change.

"Are you going to harm me?" He stammered but was able to form a sentence.

"No, no I won't." She said.

He pressed his lips into a thin line and stopped walking.

"Do you trust me?" Haneul asked. Seungmin didn't respond. She chuckled bitterly already knowing the answer.

He doesn't, it was understandable after what he saw. Who would trust her with all of those records? It's an official record against her word. What's more valuable?

She kept a small smile and nodded her head.

Why did the thought of someone finally understanding her cross her mind? It was impossible.

She recalled all of the words she said to Seungmin...

There will always be someone by your side. But she doesn't even have anyone.

For a moment this cyborg like, emotionless vigilant was holding back her tears.

She was about to lose someone she treasure most.

She hung her head low and tears streamed down her cheeks. She brought her hand up to her mouth to avoid making a noise while she cry.

Seungmin stared at her, still unaware of what he should do.

'Is this an act? Are you really trying to manipulate me Haneul? Are you just toying with my feelings?'

He sighed and hugged her tightly while resting his chin on her head. He couldn't just leave her. Not because he thought it will break her, but it will surely break him.