30

He walked like a zombie back to his penthouse. He flopped on his bed and buried himself onto his pillow.

Minutes later and he's knocked out, asleep. He was exhausted both physically and mentally.

He opened his eyes and noticed how bright it is outside. He immediately sat up and remembered about the search for Haneul.

He stood up and noticed a figure at the balcony. He heard her hum to a familiar lullaby.

Lavender’s blue, dilly dilly,
Lavender’s green
When you are king, dilly dilly,
I shall be queen

Who told you so, dilly dilly,
Who told you so?
‘Twas my own heart, dilly dilly,
That told me so

His heart raced and he slowly walked towards her.

It was her for sure. His Haneul was back, she came back to him. He smiled and ran to her to give her a back hug. She turned her head to face him and smiled.

"Goodmorning, let's have breakfast." She greeted warmly. Seungmin sat on the table across from her. He was happy to see her again. He missed her so much. He was overjoyed that she chose to come back to him. Is he forgiven? She placed the plate of food right in front of Seungmin. It was a plate of pancakes with fruits on the side.

She sat on the other end of the table and rested her cheek on her palm watching him eat with loving eyes.

"Why did you turn me in?" She asked in a strangely soft voice. Seungmin almost choked on his food. He gulped seeing her expression slowly turn into a pitiful one.

"Why didn't you run away with me? Why didn't you trust me? Do you also think that i am a monster?" Once again, she asked in a tiny voice which made his chest tighten.

"Haneul I--" Seungmin panicked not knowing how to respond to her. He wanted to tell her that all he wanted was to help. But he kept getting cut off.

"Why did you have to take Jisung's advice?" She started to sob and sniffed.

"Haneul--" he placed his utensils down,

"Why didn't you hear me out??!" She yelled out, it took Seungmin aback. He stood up and kneel down beside her chair.

"Haneul..." He, She stopped talking and stared at him. "I'm sorry, i only wanted to help... I thought by turning you in, you could have the medical attention you need." He explained.

"But I'm not crazy, I felt oppressed hence why I'm very vocal. I never wanted to harm anybody who's innocent. But i guess I was wrong, what i did wasn't the right thing isn't it?" She cried.

"I'm so sorry." Seungmin said, "I'm sorry that i didn't trust you. I feel nothing other than regret. Please run away with me." He begged...

"It's too late now" she muttered silently but enough for him to hear.

"What do you mean Haneul?" His eyes furrowed in confusion.

Silence coated the entire room. She didn't answer his question. She looked down on her plate and played with her food.

It was a long silence, too long that the previous question was disregarded.

"I love watching the waves." She said out of the blue. Seungmin was confused but he let out a chuckle.

"I do too." He smiled at her.

"It makes me feel at peace." She added.

"It does." He agreeed.

"I want to spend my life in peace..." She stated. "But i deserve to suffer don't i? I've done a lot of damage." She said.

"That's not true, everyone deserves to be forgiven." He muttered softly.

"Do i? But it doesn't matter. I already ran away from it, like i do all the time. I'm a coward aren't i?" Her voice faltered and tears started to build up in her eyes again.

"Don't say that, you're not. Don't be so harsh on yourself." Seungmin said.

"Thank you... Seungmin" she said. "Goodbye." She smiled and kissed his forehead.

When her lips made contact with his forehead, he woke up to reality.