28

HANEUL stared blankly off to space. She sniffed and wiped her tears. This tough stubborn girl looked so broken, because she is.

She lost everyone. She felt like a hypocrite for telling Seungmin that no matter what happens someone will always be by yourside. It is pure bullshit.

'is this my karma? I've been acting like karma to everybody else. Have i finally got mine?'

'I deserve something harsher than this right?'

'maybe it's finally time for me to pay back for my sins'

"Haneul? Here's your dinner please have something to eat."

The nurse wearing all white placed the food tray on the bed side table. She didn't move a bit. She stayed seated at the edge of her bed.

She was starving herself to death. Her stomach is growling from hunger almost like begging for some food but she chose to completely disregard it. Its been days since she got here and she only has black coffee for meals. She lost a ton of weight.

She's hungry to the point that she feels like she'll die from hunger if she blinks or closes her eyes for a second. But she thought that would actually be better than staying here.

Another nurse knocked and entered her room.

"Haneul you have a visitor." The nurse smiled softly. "Do you want to see him? I'll lead you to him." She added.

Haneul didn't budge. She knew who it was. She missed Seungmin deeply but right now all she remember and the only thing occupying her mind was what he did.

She didn't gave the nurse a reply. It's been almost a week and Seungmin visits everyday. She doubt that this will last long. She thought he'll eventually get tired and leave.

She didn't pay attention to any of the nurses and laid at the bed with her back facing them.

"Seungmin, i wished you just ran away with me... But how can you leave your reputation and everything you have built? I guess my love wasn't enough..."

The nurses sighed and looked at each other. The one who gave her food shook her head. It meant that Haneul doesn't want to see the visitor. She also made a cup of coffee since it's the only thing Haneul consume.

SEUNGMIN tapped his foot against the white tiles and hung his head low as he wait. He heared footsteps and immediately looked up. He felt defeated when he saw the nurse walking alone.

"I'm so sorry sir, she still isn't speaking to anyone. She must still not want to see you." She said. Seungmin nodded, he was sad but if that was Haneul wants he'll accept it. He wouldn't stop visiting regularly till Haneul cools down and face him again.

"How is she?" He asked and raised his brows up.

"Not good" the nurse shook her head. "She hasn't eaten any solid food since she got here. She lost a lot of weight. She's always in her room but i doubt that she sleeps. She just stay up staring off to space...sobbing."

The news broke Seungmin's heart. It pained him to know that Haneul was totally broken by what he done. Maybe what he did really isn't the right thing.

"Can i really not see her?" He pleaded almost like he's begging.

"Unfortunately not sir, not unless the patient wants to." He was disappointed but he shook his head. He gave the nurse a sad smile

"Okay, I'll be back tomorrow." After that, he thanked the nurse and bid goodbye.