32

The day of the funeral, only a few ones attended. Her death was a hard pill to swallow. It was hard for Seungmin and Haneul's family. Seungmin cried heavily in front of her whole family.

For Seungmin seeing her lie in a casket was pure torture.

He was in a bad state after her passing. No one could make him feel better. He will spend his days and nights all alone in his room.

Minho checked up on him from time to time, they became great friends. They often ask about each other's days and reminisce good old memories. Of course Haneul will always be brought up in any of their conversations.

Maybe the universe isn't in their favor. Maybe there are other plans for them. Maybe in another lifetime they would finally have their well deserved happy ending, But not in this one.

It's painful to say goodbye to someone you treasure the most. But it's heart wrenching to be not able to utter a farewell.

No communication, no nothing, she just disappeared from his world.

The story ended with neither of them hearing each other's point of view.

Haneul might be physically gone, but she still lives on through Seungmin's songs. Countless songs and albums.

Seungmin's life under the spotlight continues.

As years passed by he's slowly getting better. He still visits her grave regularly, talks about his day and so on.

November 1, 2023

"I would like all of you to hear this song, it's about my dearest. As all of you know, she's long gone." His words echoed, everyone fell silent waiting for him to finish.

Ofcourse everyone knows who he is referring to. Their love story definitely became the talk of the media for what feels like an eternity.
They haven't moved on from it neither have Seungmin.

"But she's still here," Seungmin smiled and pointed to his head. "And here." His pointer finger fell on his chest where his heart lies. "She will always be." He chuckled.

"I've wrote probably hundreds of songs about her." He chuckled. "Here's the last one." He cleared his throat, and waited for the instrumental to play.

He missed her so much, he wants to see her again, to be with her. If he could turn back time he will not be doing the same thing over again. He's been living the past years filled with regret.

But it's too late now isn't it? He can't do anything about it now. He has to accept the fact that she's gone.

It's about time he stops writing about her. She's at peace now. He doesn't want to disturb her any further. It's time for him to carry on with his life and start a new chapter. But still, Haneul will always be a part of his life.

But I'm letting go
I'm givin' up the ghost
But don't get me wrong
I'll always love you, that's why
I wrote you this very last song

-the end-

(A/n: thank you for making it this far, i hope you enjoyed the story.)