31

(A/n: In case you are confused, the previous chapter was a dream)

He sat up and thought the dream he had was so vivid. It felt so real. It was almost chilling in a way. He shook his head and rubbed his eyes. He unsteadily stood up and headed straight to his washroom. He splashed his face with water to wake himself up.

The search for Haneul continues. He texted Minho to be there at 6:30. They'll start the search early.

He grabbed a face towel and patted his face. He got out and took the remote that was placed on the counter. He turned the television on, in case there was any news about Haneul.

SUICIDE AT THE PIER

Reading that headline made him freeze, he felt chills run down his spine. He had a bad hunch about it. Right after that, he received a call from Minho.

"She's gone Seungmin. Our Haneul is gone." Minho ugly cried. Seungmin fell onto the couch, his lips parted still stunned by the sudden news. He felt like he was hit by a truck.

'No this could not be real it must be a mistake'

"I never got a chance to talk to her. To apologize to her. She died with a grudge against us. She died thinking her brother hates her. She died thinking she had no one to lean on and trust. She was all alone Seungmin." Every phrase Minho dropped was like a brick being thrown at Seungmin.

He knew it was true. What Minho said was true. He grabbed his car keys and drove at the pier. He was over the speed limit but he couldn't care less. When he got there he saw a body being bombarded by a crowd. The body was covered with a piece of black cloth. All those journalists were busy taking a photo of the body.

He squeezed his way through. He doesn't want to believe it, Minho must have been mistaken. Maybe he got the wrong information? Maybe it's just someone who the people thought was Haneul right?

There was a feeling of fear, he was scared to face reality. He was scared to go near the body, let alone lift the cloth and see her lifeless. He broke down and grabbed a handful of his hair and clenched his fist pulling his own hair.

With shaking hands, he slowly picked up the end of the cloth and lift.

He felt defeated, there she was.

Lee Haneul
his home, his escape, his thrill, his everything.

Lying there cold and lifeless, she seems like she's just asleep. She looked so peaceful, her skin was pale and cold to touch. He cried and placed his hand on her cheek. He never thought that the day he'll see her again is the day she's dead.

He gently caressed her cheek, there were policemen trying to get him to stay away from the body but he didn't budge.

It was like he's not hearing a single thing.

He lifted the body close to him and ran his fingers through her drenched hair.

"I never even got a chance to talk to you again. Why did you leave me?" He muttered almost inaudible.

Minho showed up behind Seungmin, with sad eyes he stared at his sister and Seungmin with pity.