Page 2

Janet

Five years of family time was a bliss. I kept the promise I made to myself and stayed away from releasing any new music. I did end up going on one tour. We were still able to make Story feel like a normal kid.

Christopher and I didn't want her to know she was apart of a famous family. At least not till she grew a little bit older. It was important to me that my baby girl enjoyed some of her youthful years being innocent.

She deserved to be a kid. Unlike Michael and I we were born into fame. Him and I didn't get to go to the park like other kids. We couldn't play and ride our bikes. I was brought into the game at a early age as a Jehovah Witness with a strict father.

Christopher and I did bud our heads a few times when it came down to our parenting. He sometimes thinks that I'm too lose with Story. I don't want to her to end up like me and Joseph. I'll admit I do parent her loosely only because I don't want to be strict.

But I won't admit to him that he's right. So we sometimes argue and make up. That's my favorite part, I always look up to the makeup sex. Even though I can't stay mad at him for long. He always makes me weak, I fall in love with him over and over again. It never fails.

"It's out" Christopher's booming voice cut through the music. "Woooooo" Gil sung on the top of his lungs.

My smile grew bigger on my face as my cheeks began to grow red. Christopher and Gil took me out to a rooftop restaurant to celebrate the release of my first album in seven years. Unbreakable was my first project in seven whole years.

"How do you feel" Gil asked me.

"I feel nervous like it's my first album all over again. I haven't done this in seven years" I said grinning my smile.

As soon as I finished my sentence I jumped to the bursting sound of the door leading to the roof. Bringing my attention behind Christopher I could see busboys and girls holding a small grey cake with a single sparkling candle on top. The grey cake was filled with pretty gold flakes.

They had huge smiles on they're faces as they got closer with they're eyes glued to me. "Woooo" they began to sing. "Congratulations" the girl spoke to me as they placed the cake in front of me.

The girl and two boys continued to applaud on they're way back downstairs. My jaw dropped as I looked between Gil and Christopher. The two of them laughed as I stared in shock.

"I got this for you Janet" Christopher spoke before dipping his finger into the cake and putting icing into his mouth. "NOW EAT THE CAKE ANIME! EAT THE CAKE ANIME" he said in his best Ike Turner impersonation making Gil laugh.

"Shut up, your so stupid" I giggled. "Can you cut my cake" I asked him.

We continued to celebrate drinking and eating cake that night. On the way home Christopher and I had to pick up Story from her grandmothers. She was knocked out in the car since it was past her bedtime.

My phone was blowing up with people supporting my album. "J everybody loves the album, you got nothing to worry about" Christopher said coming from behind me.

He wrapped his arm around my stomach from behind, while laying his head on my shoulder. We stood in the doorway as I watched Story sleep in her bed. Christopher's gentle lips sent chills down my spine as he placed gentle kisses down my neck.