Page 61

Christopher

The yacht road smooth along the clear blue sea under my back. In my arms I held Janet, her head was held to my chest. In my other hand I held her back. I felt the motion of the waves, as I laid my back on the bow of the yacht.

Chris and Tasha partied with liquor and music on the other end of the boat. Under the orange tinted blue sky I watched the sunset up above, with my head on its side I watched.

The waves made a soothing sound that played like music. Until Tasha's hollering laugh interrupted my peace. My right arm jumped to the sound of her laugh. Janet began to laugh under me.

Tasha planned and booked everything for the trip before I rudely intruded. Although she let me tag along with their plans, she would constantly remind me that this was their girls trip. "Woooo" I could hear Chris's roaring holler along with Tasha's. "Ai Yi Yi" Tasha sung.

I shook my head while rubbing Janet's back with my gentle touch in a slow circular motion. "No Boys Allowed" Tasha sounded like a high school girl. I could just hear the liquor in her system. It was sort of funny, like our little inside joke.

I quietly chuckled to myself knowing she was referring to me from the other side of the yacht. Janet caught me by surprise as she lifted her head from my chest. I turned my head facing forward to see her breathtaking stare. She laid her chin on my chest staring back at me with her doe eyes.

"Hey" I spoke.

"What's funny" she asked tilting her head.

I chuckled feeling her soft skin holding the left side of her face in my right hand. "Your crazy friend over there"

Her mouth transformed into a smile before she rolled her eyes. She looked to her left at the orange sun. "Wow, what a view" she spoke with her breathy voice.

"I like this view" I said grazing my hand down to her chin. "Much better"

Her eyes shifted to mine and I watched her face turn red. She grew a toothless smile and instantly looked down like she was embarrassed. "This is paradise" she said looking at me. "The breeze, the sunset; the water"

"I know, we have to bring the kids. So they can experience this too"

We enjoyed the break from the kids but secretly missed them. Because no matter how far away we were from the both of them, we always somehow found a way to mention them. "Yeah we do, next time we should have a family vacation"

"I could see us now, Eissa investing his time learning Italian"

"And Story?"

I rolled my eyes just thinking about boys her age. "And Story giving me a heart attack when she falls in love with some handsy Italian boy, who happens to be two years older than her"

She began to laugh like it was a joke in my face. "Oh my god, baby, why is that so specific?"

"After Eric, I don't want that girl dating till she's thirty" I was serious.

"Thirty, awe baby come on" she whined. "That's not fair, so our daughter has to stay a thirty year old virgin, while our son gets to be a dog?"