Page 55

Janet

"Whooooooo" they all cheered and applaud as I made my way to them. I could even hear some whistles. My crew of over fifty people stood on the stage. They all looked so tiny and began to look bigger as I walked to the stage.

Christopher stood to my left and Gil stood to my right. The three of us stood before the crew, they were a loud mess hooting and hollering before us. Gil put his hands up to his mouth in a quiet motion. The crew did as told and gradually grew quiet. You could hear a penny drop on the floor of that stage.

Gil nudged me and I began to smile looking at the familiar faces staring at me. I nervously put my hands together in front of me and felt Christopher's comforting touch. His arm laid on the back of my shoulders and his hand caressed me.

"Hi everyone" I said smiling my hardest.

The crowd of crew all spoke simultaneously, I could barely understand what half of them were saying. I couldn't help but to laugh hearing their voices.

Once they grew silent again I began to speak again. "I love each and every one of you. Everybody on this stage, was—"

"J we can't hear you" Maniek yelled.

"Ya'll know Janet's a whisper" Gil spoke in his witty tone. The crew all laughed at once.

"Or you guys are just bad of hearing" I said making few of the crew giggle. "I couldn't have made any of this tour possible without you guys. We sold out shows and you guys did great every night. Let's give them our best tonight and after today I want to take you all out. To show my love and appreciation. But for right now we will start with our soundcheck and you guys know the rest"

After my speech the crew and I began soundcheck, the kids and I also had a brief rehearsal

After my speech the crew and I began soundcheck, the kids and I also had a brief rehearsal. Bryan seemed to be in a good mood again. Just to see him smiling and being his silly self made me feel better about my day.

The crew and I had lunch before getting the stage ready and the rest of us got into our costumes. Time was moving so fast, it almost happened in the blink of an eye. I could hear the crowd, my audience of fans that filled the stadium seats.

Booming voices and chatter came from the other side of the curtain in front of me. They screamed and applaud before the curtain skyrocketed exposing me to their staring eyes. They were automatically louder than before.